Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JJones

Getting Facial Moles Removed While On Accutane?

Hi Everyone, :)

I think I already know the answer to this, but I don't like it so I'm gonna ask and hope for something different! ;)

I was on accutane from 7/07 to 1/08 (had mild to moderate cystic acne and it cleared up beautifully).

Well within the past few months the oil had come back and also I few mild cysts... nothing horrible but I want NO acne so I went back on the accutane several days ago.

The problem is this: I have several facial moles which I've always wanted removed. I was going to get them removed soon, but due to going back on the accutane I believe that I can't do that now.

I had read that you need to wait for at least 6 months after you stop the accutane until you get any "work" done.

Soooo, my question is do I really have to wait that long?? That would mean I'd have to wait at least a year from now since I just started my course!

Thanks a lot for any info.

Jay

Well I also thought about getting needling or something done to some acne scars. But now cystic Acne comes back and I will go on Accutane again next week (was clear for about 2 years after 12month Accutane 40mg/day).

I would better wait a few months after accutane course with this. But Im not sure how long exactly.

Ask your derm and post it here :)

Wait at least six months. Some dermatologists/plastic surgeons might make you wait up to a year after your last isotretinoin pill to be on the as safe as possible side.