Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Termolyt

Moisturizer for oily skin

Hello!

My acne problem has diminished a lot which I'm greatly thankful for. I don't know if this is due to my diet changes (cut out dairy, fast carbs and increased antioxidants) or just me growing out of acne (one thing I can say for sure is that the BP didn't do shit, cause when I quit my skin just got better). However, I still have to deal with excess oil. It's not extreme - but it's enough to make me feel like I have to shower every day to feel fresh. I limit this to once a day, though. Now I've started thinking about applying a moisturizer to keep the skin from drying out and thus over-activating sebaceous glands.

What I'm asking for is recommendations as to what moisturizer suits my skin type the best. The aforementioned oil is almost exclusively in the "T-zone" so I guess I have combination skin. I live in Sweden, so anything that could be obtained world-wide would be great.

Thanks in advance!

Oh, and I'm sorry if this is the wrong sub-forum since oily skin isn't an acne issue per se.

Hey there, I have combination skin (T zone) as well.. The moisturizer I use is from Olay.. It's called Olay Natural White Fluid.. I don't know if you'll find the similar one where you stay.. But any other moisturizer from Olay for oily or combination skin should be fine.. I really like this brand.. It doesn't cause me any break outs.. Hope this helps!!

Hey there, I have combination skin (T zone) as well.. The moisturizer I use is from Olay.. It's called Olay Natural White Fluid.. I don't know if you'll find the similar one where you stay.. But any other moisturizer from Olay for oily or combination skin should be fine.. I really like this brand.. It doesn't cause me any break outs.. Hope this helps!!

Thanks for your suggestion. I'll look this up.

c'est la vigne: Oh, that's better :D

Oh, and I forgot to mention. I don't fancy stuff that "covers up" my pimples and stuff like that. No make-up-ish stuff. Just plain moisturizer.

Now I've started thinking about applying a moisturizer to keep the skin from drying out and thus over-activating sebaceous glands.

That's just a myth. Dry skin doesn't over-activate sebaceous glands.

Oh, and I forgot to mention. I don't fancy stuff that "covers up" my pimples and stuff like that. No make-up-ish stuff. Just plain moisturizer.

Oh it's not like the cover up stuff.. It's a normal moisturizer.. It makes your complexion even if used in long run may be for few months.. After using this I put some compact powder on and my face looks fresh for several hours.. So it is pretty good..

Now I've started thinking about applying a moisturizer to keep the skin from drying out and thus over-activating sebaceous glands.

That's just a myth. Dry skin doesn't over-activate sebaceous glands.

Okay. Some guy on this site had success with a moisturizer so I thought I'd give it a go. Maybe it won't decrease oil but it might just give me a healthier complexion overall.

Yes.. moisturize! i have oily skin and when I don't moisturize my skin's texture feels gross..

I am currently using clinique's Moisture surge. its great for people with oily skin because it's

100% oil-free and fragrance-free.

If you have dry skin, apply Vaseline on skin and massage for a few minutes before going to bed. You will see an amazing difference in the morning when you wake up. It's natural and safe in your skin.

Edited by sherrylouz