Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rachel07

REMOVING MAKEUP!!???

So I wear makeup most days over my BP and moisturizer but at night when I go to wash my face the makeup doesn't come off..I have been using neutrogena makeup remover wipes which gets it off but I wonder if this will cause me breakouts?! does anyone know of any ideas that won't irritate my skin too much or are the nuetrogena wipes ok??

For me a little jojoba oil on a cotton ball works great at remvoing all the makeup that my regular cleanser won't get off. It hasn't made me break out or anything either.

I wear concealer and mineral powder, and from like 2 years of experience, I have come to the conclusion that soap and water doesn't fully remove all traces of make-up from my face.

What I do is wash my face with two cleansers (one is St. Ive's Apricot Scrub and the other is some Oil-Free Blemish Cleanser), and afterwards, I use Dickenson's 100% Natural Witch Hazel astringent. I use a cotton ball and wipe it all over my face. I check the cotton ball every now and then to see that some dirt and make-up were still left over (the cotton ball turns like a dark brown after a few wipes, yeck), and I keep on wiping my face with new cotton balls using the same astringent until I find no more traces of color. That is, I keep using up cotton balls and wipe my face like crazy until the cotton ball stays WHITE no matter how much I wipe.

Hope that helps. :dance:

lol I've been there.

and omg I've been recommending this cleanser soo much on this site but here i go again

PurposeGentle Cleanser.

It removes all my makeup and pretty much everything else and doesn't irritate my skin at all.

<3