Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lolcaca

when to take retin-a/differin after course

Hey,

For my 2nd course I plan on using differin or retin-a when my course is over for some maintenance. But I was wondering when should you start using it? The day after you pop the last pill? 2 weeks after? A whole month to make sure the tane is out of the system?

My course should end around mid december but I'm not sure if I wanna be starting a new skin treatment a week before the holidays and seeing the family. (I could def extend my course thought).

my derm started me on retin-a 1 month after stopping accutane. some people use retin-a WHILE on accutane. i just use a small amount of retin-a with my moisturizer, and it hasnt caused any redness or peeling like it did BEFORE accutane.

I started on Retin-A the day after my last pill. I took Retin-A before Accutane (but not on it) and had irritation, redness, and peeling. Having used it for a couple weeks now after Accutane, I haven't experienced any irritation or redness either.

I'm wondering this as well (see post about differin). My derm gave me a TON of samples of Differin 0.1% cream to use. Since I'm waiting on all of my facial redness to start fading, I didn't think it would be good to start a topical so soon, seeing as I just came off the medicine on July 12th.