Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have been lurking around these boards for a while now reading up on how to clear my acne - or at least make it more manageable.

I have had acne since I can remember (my kindergarten school picture shows me with a whitehead on my cheek if that says anything) and I just couldn't seem to get rid of it, no matter how many topical creams my derm. prescribed, how often I had the cold nitrogen sprayed on my face, etc. I think the only think I hadn't tried was Accutane, but my acne wasn't cystic, so she didn't want to try that.

So the Differin didn't help, Retin-A didn't help, Arbonne system didn't help, Proactiv didn't help... I was about to give up and embrace the blackheads, closed comedones that just wouldn't go away, the whiteheads that would pop up overnight without notice. But then I found this site and started reading all the different methods that people found that worked for their stubborn acne, even if it was only mild/moderate.

AND I WANTED TO SAY THANK YOU FOR SHARING YOUR ADVICE!!!!! After only a short time on my new regimen, my skin is the clearest is has been since my middle school years! In fact, today was the first day I didn't wear any sort of facial makeup - proudly - in about a year and a half!

I'm so proud of my skin... I know I have a ways to go still, but I know I am on the right track and it's thanks to you!

So thank you very much for your help. Sharing your knowledge really does help.

:)

Aw this was a nice thread! Thanks for posting this. The org is pretty wonderful, I agree ^_^

I have been lurking around these boards for a while now reading up on how to clear my acne - or at least make it more manageable.

I have had acne since I can remember (my kindergarten school picture shows me with a whitehead on my cheek if that says anything) and I just couldn't seem to get rid of it, no matter how many topical creams my derm. prescribed, how often I had the cold nitrogen sprayed on my face, etc. I think the only think I hadn't tried was Accutane, but my acne wasn't cystic, so she didn't want to try that.

So the Differin didn't help, Retin-A didn't help, Arbonne system didn't help, Proactiv didn't help... I was about to give up and embrace the blackheads, closed comedones that just wouldn't go away, the whiteheads that would pop up overnight without notice. But then I found this site and started reading all the different methods that people found that worked for their stubborn acne, even if it was only mild/moderate.

AND I WANTED TO SAY THANK YOU FOR SHARING YOUR ADVICE!!!!! After only a short time on my new regimen, my skin is the clearest is has been since my middle school years! In fact, today was the first day I didn't wear any sort of facial makeup - proudly - in about a year and a half!

I'm so proud of my skin... I know I have a ways to go still, but I know I am on the right track and it's thanks to you!

So thank you very much for your help. Sharing your knowledge really does help.

:)

So what regimen are you on?

I'm going to be very thorough here. :)

I wash my face, morning and night, with a 2% Salicylic Acid facial cleanser (I have extremely oily skin) - Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash is one I am using right now.

I BOUGHT A BABY HAIR BRUSH. THIS WAS THE BEST THING I HAVE BOUGHT IN A LONG TIME!!! well, since that chocolate cake during that special time of the month... but in any case, with the suds from the face wash still on my face, I exfoliate thoroughly with the baby hairbrush (sometimes I use the toothbrush that came with the baby health kit on my forehead because I have a lot of stubborn little bumps there)

I use an ACV toner (1/4 cup ACV, 1/4 cup lemon juice, 1/2 cup water) all over my face and on my shoulders and chest as well (I notice that I started to break out here recently... thankfully I am taking care of it as it shows up and not before it gets bad) - LET ME TELL YOU THAT THIS STUFF SMELLS! I prefer to use Braggs ACV

I then use BP (apparently only 10% is found in my gracious town of 1500 people. When I asked if they even stocked anything less, they looked at me like I was crazy) only at night.

I moisturize with Arbonne NutriMin Re9 SPF 8 Day Creme

I know this is really drying, but I have extremely oily skin. And after all of this, I still use oil absorbing sheets.

I should probably show some pictures of my progress... I think I might have something showing my broken out past. But I'm so excited!!! About a month ago, I was too self conscious to even go out on a date. :/ No 20yr old should have that.