Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
paean

My Acne.org Regimen log

Ok, I started the Acne.org Regime last night.

History:

I've been dealing with acne since the very young age of eight. I have tried pretty much every topical and oral prescription medicine out there, including Accutane, which did basically nothing for me except make my lips super chapped. Until now, I've been attempting to control my acne with Clean and Clear Continuous Control Acne Cleanser, but it never got my skin clear, and recently my acne has been flaring up really badly.

Regimen:

Acne.org Regimen

I'm using:

Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser

Neutrogena On-the-Spot Acne Treatment

Olay Complete All Day UV Moisturizer (Sensitive Skin) + SPF 15

This morning I can already see that some of my active acne is shrinking, and I don't have any new zits...so we'll see how it goes. Wish me luck!

I'd like to point out that, for the The Regimen, you're supposed to use a gentle, non-medicated cleanser. Yours has salicylic acid, which can be irritating when combined with BP.

There's a list of cleansers that are recommended for use with The Regimen here.

I woke up this morning and my skin already looks wonderful! Wow!

Obviously it's not clear, but this is about as good as it ever gets. I know the Regimen can make things get worse before it gets better, but right now, things are looking a lot better. The acne I had that was huge and red and inflamed two or three days ago is now minimized. I do have a few small new zits, but I know that acne can lay dormant for a while, and they aren't the huge cysts I've been dealing with for the past month or so.

I just have to say it again because I'm so stoked: This is pretty much the best my face has ever looked (since the age of 8), and I've only been on the Regimen for 2 days!

I am experiencing some minor redness and my skin is a little tight, but I think it might be due to me mistakenly buying a medicated cleanser. I haven't made it to the store to get a new one, so hopefully that will make things settle down a bit. No flakiness or peeling, which I am extremely prone to, so I'm really excited about that.

If this continues to work for me, when I run out of the stuff I bought at the store, I will probably buy some of Dan's products. I almost ordered some to start out, but I didn't want to wait until they shipped to get started.

Ok, I've switched over to Olay Foaming Face Wash. Hopefully that will work well, since the Salicylic Acid in the other face wash was definitely way too strong. I have used it this morning and last night, and it seems to be doing the trick.

Alrighty, we're two weeks in to the Regimen. Unfortunately, I seem to be in the "gets worse before it gets better" portion...Things were looking much better about a week ago, but now I've regressed to pre-Regimen acne. Part of it is my fault--I had a big presentation at the end of last week, so I was very stressed (=more acne) and I might have skipped a couple nights of the Regimen... :(:redface::cry: But it's not going to happen again because I really want this to work. I'm slowly ramping my BP up, as I'm supposed to, so hopefully we'll start seeing some good stuff in a week or two.

The Neutrogena On-the-Spot is unfortunately going VERY quickly. It works pretty well, but I don't recommend it as being cost-effective. Luckily, after reading a little more of the website, I found out that I can use the BP from my Pro-Activ kit that I have laying around, so I don't have to worry about running out so quickly. Just the same, I'm moving back up to school in a little over a week for RA training, so I went ahead and ordered some of Dan's BP and had it shipped to my house because it seems like it will cost me less in the long run.

For now, I'll stick with the Olay cleanser and moisturizer though. I'm happy with them and I have a good bit left, so I'll stick with them. And for me to be happy with them is a big deal, by the way, because I have very sensitive skin. I may try Dan's cleanser and moisturizer though, after I run out, just because it seems like it would be pretty cost effective and with all the gentle ingredients, they may work even better!