Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ihateacnex12425

Time on accutane....technicallity

So I was thinking of this the other day and thought I would share my thoughts to see if someone has the answer.. or ideas

Is it technically weeks/months/ or days that actually matter....

So here is my rational:

7 days in a week.

30 days per set of pills in between doc visits

so if you have been on the accutane for 2 months (30 day of pills x 2months = 60days of pills)

So you have 60days/7days in week = 8 weeks 4 days

So technically:

1 month is not 4 weeks, but 4 weeks 2 days

2 months is not 8 weeks, but 8 weeks 4 days

3 months is not 12 weeks, but 12 weeks 6 days

4 months is not 16 weeks, but 17 weeks 1 day

Basically what I am getting at is... does it truly matter what week/month you are on.. or is it the count of the days....

Just got a little confused reading peoples blogs saying.... "just finishing week 8/month 2" but technically they are almost done with week 9 and they are into month 3...

haha, nice question but i doubt there's any significant difference...

otherwise we might as well be accurate to the nearest millisecond..

(This is my 12961254398th millisecond on Accutane) :P

Omg.. Now you got me thinkingggg (: lol Well.. I have a log & I'm starting my second month.. But when I refer to month I'm refering to my 2nd Rx issued.. So days 31 to 60. So I guess I count each day literally.. Huh¿ neverrrr thought of all of this until u mentioned it..

It's confusing now that u put it in technical terms, but whether someone is being technical or going by dosages perscribed (as i am) till completed, it's not to far off by date. I guess you can choose how you want to count your days if ur keeping a log. I personally read other logs to compare my symptoms to there's & get ideas on how to help my symptoms pass.

I don't know if this helped at all.... If anything it might have made it a bit more confusing. Hahaha.

Best of luck!

Omg.. Now you got me thinkingggg (: lol Well.. I have a log & I'm starting my second month.. But when I refer to month I'm refering to my 2nd Rx issued.. So days 31 to 60. So I guess I count each day literally.. Huh¿ neverrrr thought of all of this until u mentioned it..

It's confusing now that u put it in technical terms, but whether someone is being technical or going by dosages perscribed (as i am) till completed, it's not to far off by date. I guess you can choose how you want to count your days if ur keeping a log. I personally read other logs to compare my symptoms to there's & get ideas on how to help my symptoms pass.

I don't know if this helped at all.... If anything it might have made it a bit more confusing. Hahaha.

Best of luck!

i think the fastest way to solve this is just state the date you started accutane!

For eg. I started my accutane on 12th February 2009.

It is now 25 July 2009.

So you can calculate yourself :)