Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Brandon Bradley

My peanut butter experiences

Im just curious to what people think of this. A lot of people say peanut butter is bad for your skin, but a few months ago I binged on peanut butter for a week ( I love peanut butter =] ) and my acne was the best its been in the 3 years ive had acne. In a weeks time i ate a jar of peanut butter ( 44 servings, 1 serving size = 2 tbsp(32g) ). I just put it on white bread and ate it (I really globbed it on there so not that much white bread, I hear thats bad for your skin ), somtimes with some milk. I am a VERY SLOW healer and im not really sure why because i drink nothing but white tea and eat no junk food. Also if its worth mentioning im about 20-30 pounds underwieght ( 6'3ft tall and 135pounds). So maybe the extra fat helped my skin? There is also a lot of niacin in peanut butter so maybe that helped too. Im currently detoxing myself with this 7 day kit and colon cleanser capsuls trying to clean my insides out to help my skin ( IM DESPERATE HERE ) but after im done with that and if my acne isnt gone ill try eating a lot of peanut butter for a few weeks and write how it worked. Wish me luck :)

Im just curious to what people think of this. A lot of people say peanut butter is bad for your skin, but a few months ago I binged on peanut butter for a week ( I love peanut butter =] ) and my acne was the best its been in the 3 years ive had acne. In a weeks time i ate a jar of peanut butter ( 44 servings, 1 serving size = 2 tbsp(32g) ). I just put it on white bread and ate it (I really globbed it on there so not that much white bread, I hear thats bad for your skin ), somtimes with some milk. I am a VERY SLOW healer and im not really sure why because i drink nothing but white tea and eat no junk food. Also if its worth mentioning im about 20-30 pounds underwieght ( 6'3ft tall and 135pounds). So maybe the extra fat helped my skin? There is also a lot of niacin in peanut butter so maybe that helped too. Im currently detoxing myself with this 7 day kit and colon cleanser capsuls trying to clean my insides out to help my skin ( IM DESPERATE HERE ) but after im done with that and if my acne isnt gone ill try eating a lot of peanut butter for a few weeks and write how it worked. Wish me luck :)

I've experienced something similar. This is me conjecturing, but perhaps it is because peanut butter has an extremely low glycemic value and has been shown also to lower the blood spiking potential of food its eaten with.

I've been known to go through an entire jar of peanut butter in a single day, and I eat it straight from the jar with nothing else. I don't know whether it has an effect on my acne, but it makes me happy and since I'm also underweight, the extra fat and protein are nice. :dance: I think it probably won't hurt you much unless you have some digestive issues or an allergy, so it's worth a shot! The organic, no-sugar-and-no-salt-added kind is the healthiest if you can get it.

i honestly have no idea. I know paleo allows nuts and nut butter but peanuts are technically legumes so there's a bit of a grey area if you know what i mean. I persoannly have tested peanut butter a number of times but in my excitement of getting to eat something tasty after months of restriction i always seem to fail at controlling my variables and end up eating cake or some other shit and i never do find out in the end.

If you are going to trial it, do it while sticking to a proper 'safe' foods diet only and then post your findings. it's the only way to be sure.

Next time I'm 100% (right now ive got 4 whiteheads, non-inflamed, just itchy), i'll probably trial this. It'll take at least 2 days to be 100%.

Like with most food items people are always saying are bad, peanuts are only bad for acne if you have a peanut allergy. Or eat excessive amounts instead of a variety of other foods, especially if its a crap quality brand with added sugar and oils.

Obviously everyone is different and has different bodies... so I guess some food is good for one person and bad for the other. Because I love peanut butter and jelly sandwiches like a mad woman but when I eat them my skin breaks out like crazy... I am so jealous of you haha! :D

Though on second thought it could be the bread that makes my skin bad... maybe I should eat the peanut butter straight from the jar instead? Should try it hehe..

I love peanut butter and peanuts but if I eat any my neck breaks out to the point where it looks like I have chicken pox! And only on my neck, so I have an allergy to them I guess. Elf

yummmm how exciting :) i had pb on toast today actually, so this news makes me very pleased! even if you just got lucky, still, its so good!

I love peanut butter. :') I eat PB sandwiches, not PB&J, haha.

I can't say my skin has gotten better from consuming it, though. I've been really wary of what I eat recently, and I stick to a brand of peanut butter that has an ingredient list of, literally, only peanuts. So it's pretty tasteless, but I've gotten to like it.

I don't have peanut butter as often anymore, for fear of breakouts. But really, when I do eat it, I don't remember ever seeing any sudden pimples or anything.

I'm glad it helped you out. :]

Okay well I think I found somthing that really works for me, Jiffy peanut butter on whole wheat 1-2 sandwiches a day which ive been doing for the past 2 weeks ( zero bad foods - no milk, orange juice, no candy, cakes, ect.. ). This makes my face kind of oilly but I use benzaclin twice a day which kind of drys it out.. and I steam my face ( face over boiling water WHICH IS AMAZING even after the first time to clean black dirty pores ) and ive also been using a honey mask to help cope with the dryness. WELL I have not gotten a pimple in 3 days which is amazing for me, my face is not as red which I dont understand because i use a crap load of benzaclin and I have very sensitive skin? And my face is healing SO FAST along with the acne scars =] I will post back in another week to tell if its still going well :)

All natural peanut butter is good for you!

I used to eat 1-2 tbs of organic all natural peanut butter and had no problem! I'm pleased that I am not allergic to it. Although, I prefer raw almond butter.

I don't eat any nuts! Because I'm afraid of break-out! :)