Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
domzor

Severe acne, need help bad!! (Pics!!) Please help and reply!

Hi guys, I am now 16 and I cannot stand my current acne condition. I have tried laser surgery but I think it was a scam because it did nothing. I have been suffering with acne since the start of grade 9 and now I am going into grade 11. It first started off as nothing and now it has brought me to the point where I won't attend parties and ask girls out because I am paranoid that people are staring. My skin used to be amazing and yes I will admit I probably caused the acne to become so bad. I play many online video games in my room and I was eating a lot of ice cream junk food, fast food, and drinking TONS of coca cola. I mean TONS. I went to a derm but the prescription did nothing. However at this point I am drinking a lot more water and working on eating healthier but I'm still not at a good diet. At this point I am on dan's regimen with some skipped days (I know it's bad). I am confused at what type of acne I have and if it is some red marks, scars, cysts or pustules or w/e! Please help me by telling me what to do I really need this acne gone so I can move on with my life and not be depressed. I even sometimes wear this special makeup that covers lots of redness and does not worsen the acne. It is called Setting FX (P.S I'm a guy :(). Dan's regimen really dries my skin out and his moisturizer burns my skin so I use the cetaphil moisturizer now. Is that a good moisturizer? Can you reccommend one? What should I do to clear up this acne!! I am willing to try anything but I would love some quick results :P

These pictures were taken after my Epson Salt bath. The redness seems worse than in reality but please I really need your help!

P.S use the website links for both sides of my face

%7Boption%7Dhttp://img174.imageshack.us/i/21035133.png/

%7Boption%7Dhttp://img254.imageshack.us/i/acnepic.png/

acne_pic.bmp

acne_pic.bmp

i dont got no advice to tell u cuz im trying to fix mines right now .. the only thing i know that is huge is stress cuz i didnt have acne til i went thru crazy stuff in my life during my teenage years, but i will tell u this.. ur face isnt bad at all man atleast u know u arnt gonna have permanent scars man.

Hey thanks for telling me it's not that bad, it's looking worse today and i don't know why. I'm glad about the scars that you said :D, but I need to reduce redness and kill this acne it is killing me inside :( I see lots of people have viewed this but I need some help and replies! :(

P.S use the website links for both sides of my face

Welcome bro. So, your acne isn't cystic, and you should be very happy with that! I think that the best thing to do for yourself right now is to improve your health through diet, exercise and maybe some meditation/good sleep. I know how it is to be sucked into an online game for hours a day, but you can change that with some effort and feel tons better. You need to start committing yourself to your health. Work your way into it slowly, because it is going to be hard! You will have to to find what foods you are sensitive to, if any, and basically go off of that. So remember, everyone is different and we all have our own needs for certain nutrients. Check out Alternativista's thread here: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Good-Acne...an-t230714.html

Good luck!

Welcome bro. So, your acne isn't cystic, and you should be very happy with that! I think that the best thing to do for yourself right now is to improve your health through diet, exercise and maybe some meditation/good sleep. I know how it is to be sucked into an online game for hours a day, but you can change that with some effort and feel tons better. You need to start committing yourself to your health. Work your way into it slowly, because it is going to be hard! You will have to to find what foods you are sensitive to, if any, and basically go off of that. So remember, everyone is different and we all have our own needs for certain nutrients. Check out Alternativista's thread here:

Good luck!

Hey thank you very much. I will definately start excerising more, this summer has rained so much so it sucks, but I live in a condo so their is an indoor and outdoor pool. Is that all I should do though? Should I be on Dan's regimen or is there something better because I can't tell much difference with it, I'm currently 1 month into it with probably like 4-5 days skipped because it ran out and I was lazy sometimes. I might give it another month though. Anyone have any ideas?

I recommend you continue with the regimen, it cleared me up within 2 months, now I only get the odd zit but I still have red marks left.

It looks like you have moderate acne. You have some acne, but some of it looks like scars. The redness will go away on its own, there isn't too much you can do unless you want to try glycolic acid.

I recommend you continue with the regimen, it cleared me up within 2 months, now I only get the odd zit but I still have red marks left.

It looks like you have moderate acne. You have some acne, but some of it looks like scars. The redness will go away on its own, there isn't too much you can do unless you want to try glycolic acid.

Cool :D And yes what is glycolic acid? Sounds painful but I want the redness gone, should i be on acne and scar treatments right now? I will continue on the regimen too. Please respond and I really appreciate everyones input!

If the regimen products irritate your skin, try reducing them, alternating days/products with them or quit them. Don't irritate your skin.

And good luck with your diet changes. Be sure to also get exercise, sleep well and don't stress. Click here for more info on what to do about all those things: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Good-Acne...an-t230714.html

Thank you this is very helpful, I don't want to come off needy here but I would REALLY appreciate it if someone could give me a checklist. For example (this is something off the top of my head):

Wake up and do regimen

eat an apple

drink 8 glasses of water a day

eat lots of apples and carrots throughout the day

go swimming

apply regimen

sleep well

Like I need a list so I know what to buy and how much to use and such. Also is there something better than Dan's regimen for MY acne? If not I'll stick to it and pray to God ^_^.

P.S is there something other than makeup to sort of cover redness or make it look like I have a lot less acne/redness? thanks

Hey there Domzor,

If you are interested you can take a look at my regimen for getting clear (link in my sig) if you have any questions let me know. =)

K

I've had acne since the start of fifth grade, severe acne since 9th. Your case seems to be a moderate one, which means you have a good chance of clearing up! The tricky part I've found is finding just the right combination of products. Its taken me 4 years to work with my dermatologist to find the right one, and I still break out in small amounts regularly on my face, back, chest, and neck. My skin will never heal from the acne, and it will never be perfect, but it has cleared up dramatically!

Also, consider yourself VERY lucky if you only break out on your face. Dealing with acne on the chest and back is a PAIN IN THE A**!

Good luck with all your problems and I hope you find the right skin care routine! There is hope!

I've had acne since the start of fifth grade, severe acne since 9th. Your case seems to be a moderate one, which means you have a good chance of clearing up! The tricky part I've found is finding just the right combination of products. Its taken me 4 years to work with my dermatologist to find the right one, and I still break out in small amounts regularly on my face, back, chest, and neck. My skin will never heal from the acne, and it will never be perfect, but it has cleared up dramatically!

Also, consider yourself VERY lucky if you only break out on your face. Dealing with acne on the chest and back is a PAIN IN THE A**!

Good luck with all your problems and I hope you find the right skin care routine! There is hope!

I have almost none on my chest and I have lots of acne on my back, tanning seems to help it a lot and wearing a shirt covers it atleast so I'm not AS worried about it you know? But ya I wasn't sure if it was severe because there is a lot on my face and im a newbie to the terms. I can't take it anymore it seems like it just sits there and never goes away. Thanks for the input though :D

Glycolic acid is an AHA (an acid) that removes the layers of skin, so basically it speeds up the healing of red marks and scars, but do not expect it to work over night, you should start to see results after 3 or 4 applications :)

Glycolic acid is an AHA (an acid) that removes the layers of skin, so basically it speeds up the healing of red marks and scars, but do not expect it to work over night, you should start to see results after 3 or 4 applications :)

Haha sounds good. Nothing is ever overnight when it comes to acne D=. Lol but hey can I apply this everyday or is it once a week or how does it work? Also the million dollar question, the word acid scares the hell out of me, does it hurt/make my face bleed? Thanks for the reply ^_^

Lol, it tingles a bit when you put it on, but it is fine. You should only leave it on for 5-10 minutes and then wash it off with water. When I did it, the areas that I put it on went red for a bit, but when I woke up it was fine :) I think I did it about 2 times a week.

Haha sounds good. Nothing is ever overnight when it comes to acne D=. Lol but hey can I apply this everyday or is it once a week or how does it work? Also the million dollar question, the word acid scares the hell out of me, does it hurt/make my face bleed? Thanks for the reply ^_^

Thank you very much! I will consider this, I recently came upon something called "Zapzyt" and it has a lot of good reviews. It's like spot treatment but maybe if i did it on each area would it work? Anybody know anything about this product? Also I am eating carrot sticks and some apples today and yesterday, I'm trying to eat healthy, also I am trying to drink only water (it's really hard for me!!) I would love this acne to be gone for Back to school time, but I think that's impossible D=.

P.S the Zapzyt apparently takes away redness too which really gets me interested. Thanks!

Retin-A was a godsend for me. It made at least 50% of my severe acne clear in two weeks with results getting better and better as I went on. The only thing is the initial breakout I siffered for the first week. That was hard.

Hey guys so I purchased Zapzyt and I notice some difference, I mean BARELY but a little bit. I found something on here called Aczone. You need a derm to prescribe it but apparently it's amazing! Here's a link http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Before-an....html&st=20

I am praying they have this in Canada and I am going to my derm soon to ask for it. Anyone think I should do this? Please reply.

P.S I am eating an apple or 2 everyday and taking equilib which has lots of vitamins in it. I am trying to stay away from pop and drink lots of water. I am very lazy to exsersize though but I know I need to do it >_<

I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM

WHAT GREATLY HELPED ME WAS CETAPHIL TWICE A DAY

FOLLOWED BY TEN MINUITES LATER PURPOSE MOISTURE LOTION

THE CETAPHIL HAS NO HARMFUL CHEMICALS YOUR SKIN WILL REACT TOO

AND THE LOTION WILL HEAL SCARS

AND CAUSE HELING TIME FOR BREAKOUTS TO GO AWAY FASTER AND BECOME LESS RED

AND USE CLEAN AND CLEAR WITH BENSOL PEROXIDE ONLY WHEN YOU SHOWER TO KILL THE BACKTERIA BEING CAREFUL NOT TO GET IT IN YOUR OPENINGS

IT OVERDRYS SO ONLY IN THE SHOWER OVER DRIED SKIN CANT HEAL SO

ONLY IN THE SHOWER

ALL THE PRODUCTS I EVER USED MADE MY BREAKOUTS WORSE

CHEMICALS MAKE THE SKIN SWELL AND TIGHTEN AND TRAP DIRT

SO IN FACT ACNE PRODUCTS WILL WORSEN ACNE

BETWEEN YOUR TWICE A DAY WASH WHEN YOUR SKIN GETS OILY AGAIN

SPLASH COLD WATER ON YOUR FACE TO REWAKEN YOUR MORNING WASHED RUTINE

THAT WILL GET RID OF THE OIL THAT WILL CAUSE YOU TO BREAK OUT AGAIN

AND PAT DRY MOST SINK WATER CARRIES CHEMICALS

THAT KILL BACKTERIA IN THE WATER SO THE WATER ALONE WILL HELP WITHOUT

IRRITATING YOUR SKIN AND LESS IRRITATED SKIN WILL HEAL SO ONLY WASH AND LOSHION

TWICE A DAY

YOUR FACE IS AS DELICUTE AS A BABYS SKIN YOU WOULDNT PUT CHEMICALS ON A BABYS

FACE WOULD YOU? I SURE WOULDNT!!!!!

HOPE THAT HELPED I HAD ACNE REALLY BAD MOST MY LIFE AND

FOUND THAT THE CHEPEST MOST GENTLE SKIN PRODUCT WORKED

AND DISCOVERED IT ON HERE AND TRIED IT THANKS TO ALL THE KIDS

THAT RECOMENDED IT TO ME ON THE CETAPHIL BOTTLE IT EVEN SAYS EVERY AGE AVERY STAGE EVERY DAY

MAKE SURE TO GET THE PURPOSE DERMATOLIGIST RECOMENDED LOTION IT ALSO

HAS SPF 15 SO THE SUN WONT BORN AND SWELL YOUR SKIN AS ITS HEALING BEST LUCK!!!

i strongly suggest you clean up your diet. it worked for me...

-stop eating all refined sugars, sodas, all desserts, fried foods

-avoid too much fruit

-eat more green veggies

-drink lots of rooibos tea, detox teas and water

it's hard to give up sweets, but i ask myself which i'd rather have: acne or a dessert?

other things that have helped me immediately:

-go out in the sun (limited amounts of time)

-swim!

-exercise

-take zinc, flush-free niacin, omega 3 fish oil, B-complex

-i do lots of masks--yogurt or turmeric, ACV/aspirin toner

and remember, it takes a good month to notice a significant difference. i am 41 and have had acne since i was 11. 30 years have taught me what works for me.

good luck!

Hi there...I just posted about the cure that I found for my Acne...I take 3 Omega fish oil pills, 2 vitamin E pills, and 2 Biotin pills EVERY night before bed...and my skin looks AWESOME...I've been doing it for a little over a month now !! I tried EVERYTHING you could imagine, and nothing was working...I happened upon this by accident...I was just desperate to get rid of the acne !! I hope this helps !! I drink a ton of water too !

Hi there...I just posted about the cure that I found for my Acne...I take 3 Omega fish oil pills, 2 vitamin E pills, and 2 Biotin pills EVERY night before bed...and my skin looks AWESOME...I've been doing it for a little over a month now !! I tried EVERYTHING you could imagine, and nothing was working...I happened upon this by accident...I was just desperate to get rid of the acne !! I hope this helps !! I drink a ton of water too !

Hey looked up on Omega 3 fish oil pills and they sound promising, was your acne as bad as mine? And can I be on Dan's regimen while doing this? Really considering it.