Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest missyjean130

Salicylic acid+vitamin C=bad?

Guest missyjean130

So I read on the website I buy my chemical peels from that Salicylic acid produces copper salicylate in the skin,which makes the anti-inflammatory result.

HOWEVER,I read once somewhere that copper and vitamin c will cancel eachother out...or one cancels out the other or something lol.

So should I not use my vitamin C serum after the salicylic acid 20% peel? Will it not retain it's antiinflammatory properties?Or will it just cancel out vitamin c? Both perhaps?

Help please =)

The salicylic won't cancel out your vit C... Though you may wanna give it a few days after you do a peel before you put too much stuff on your skin just because the chemicals are still working for about 72 hours. It definately depends on the strength of salicylic you are using. Since salicylic is intended to help absorb oil it is fantastic to do some peels to treat acne! If you ever decide you want to do stronger peels to help with scarring you can try something called Jessner's solution. It is a pretty heavy duty peel, and may be best done by a pro, but it works WONDERS for scar tissue. Also, be sure you are using a good and stable form of vit C to get best results.