Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Survivor540

Olive Oil and Skin??

I'm curious and afraid to try olive oil on my skin topically. I have used it in the past, and I used it as a part of a sugar scrub the other night. My skin felt nice, but the stubborn whiteheads I've had on my forehead got bigger (I was able to extract some, it seemed like they came to the surface) and I also broke on between my eyebrows with a single cyst (I felt it forming there before though). Would olive oil make my skin purge, or is it too heavy for my fragile face? What about your own personal experiences with olive oil topical? Any thoughts, facts, comments, are appreciated! Thanks for reading!

Not all oils are comedogenic. Mineral oil and petrolautm, for example, are not comedogenic.

Olive oil is one of those oils that some people (like myself) can use topically with no problems, but it does have a comedogenicity rating of two, so it might break some people out.

I like olive oil topically, it makes my skin tone improve drastically but it never fails to give me a zit on my nose, which is an area I don't even breakout usually aside from all the blackheads. The breakout does clear pretty quickly though and leaves no mark so something to consider.

I don't use olive oil topically but it's great with steamed veggies (I use a teaspoon) like carrots, broccoli, etc. and I've read that it can increase nutrient absorption and heard that it really helps with dry skin due to veganism.

I don't use olive oil topically but it's great with steamed veggies (I use a teaspoon) like carrots, broccoli, etc. and I've read that it can increase nutrient absorption and heard that it really helps with dry skin due to veganism.

I use alot of olive oil in cooking also. I actually even put quite a bit into my oatmeal before cooking, you don't even taste it and still get all the health benefits you mention, plus extra calories and good fats which are otherwise lacking in my rabbit style diet. lol

Olive Oil is the best. I use it to cook all the time

it's great for dry skin and you can use it on your face without problems

don't know if its gonna help but it shouldn't make things worse.