Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
swanDOOM

Redness + Flakiness = Why am I still on this Regimen?

I've been on the Regimen for almost four weeks now and my redness & dry skin is worse than ever. My acne is being treated (I didn't have too much to start out with) but this regimen is creating new problems, the same ones that made me quit proactive. I've followed Dan's instructions closer than a fundamentalist on the Bible & yet now these new problems are even worse than acne. Can anyone help guide me to a product/change in regimen/steps to quit?

P.S. Right now I'm using the Cleanser from acne.org, the BP from acne.org, Olay SPF 15 (recommended by Dan) during daytime, and the Moisturizer from acne.org at night

Maybe you are allergic to the bp?

If that isn't the case maybe you want to try and incorporate jojoba oil into your regimen click here for more details.

Have you checked if you are making any of the biggest mistakes?

Also try taking this quiz, it might be able to tell you where you are going wrong.

Hope this helps and good luck!

Flakiness

This can be avoided by using either Cetaphil's moisturizing lotion (amazing product!)

http://media.dermstore.com/catalog/100036/300x300/152.jpg

or

Adding in 6 drops of Jojoba oil into your Olay Complete and mixing it in before applying.

Redness

You need to be very careful about how much BP you use. You only need enough to keep yourself clear, which in your case doesn't seem to be that much. Some people can get away with using much smaller amounts than "2 pumps" or "2 fingers worth"

Your skin will eventually adjust to the BP as long as you're being consistent with it. You'll eventually have no redness or at least very little, but it could take another month or two on the regimen before that happens, as it did with myself.