Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
south korea

Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA) & Accutane

Background: Almost 1 1/2 months on 20mgs and so far my acne has cleared up by 90%. I had my initial breakout during the entire first month and now I've got a bunch of red marks on my cheeks.

Wondering if anyone's tried AHA on accutane.

Background: Almost 1 1/2 months on 20mgs and so far my acne has cleared up by 90%. I had my initial breakout during the entire first month and now I've got a bunch of red marks on my cheeks.

Wondering if anyone's tried AHA on accutane.

From what I have heard... the first times it can irritate your skin regardless of being on accutane, so if you chose to use it.. dont over do it.. ease into it

i actually use neutrogena healthy skin lotion spf15 with AHA... however I had been using it before i started accutane so my skin was "adjusted" to it.

But since i had started accutane, i dont use as much just incase and only use it as a spot moisturizer

start with a weak lotion like 8% AHA once per day then work up to 10% twice per day. it will sting a bit if you've never used it before.

don't do it an hour before a date, it may make your face turn red