Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Raimundo

Tinted Moisturizer Question...

I recently was looking up some tinted moisturizers on MUA (thanks duchamp for mentioning the site) and I read that some TM (tinted moisturizers) can oxidize and make your complexion darker. I've only used two TMs and only had this happen once (I used the skin perfect gel, and buy the end of my work shift, my skin looked a little orange-like. EW). So it there a way to prevent this? I thought maybe by using a setting powder and maybe reapply it throughout the day would help out, but idk for sure. Any advice? Thanks!

ah im thinking of getting a tinted moisturizer but this is scaring me.. I was looking into Laura mercier's Oil Free Tinted moisturizer. Its supposed to be for acne prone and troubled skin.. I would then set it with a loose powder. What do you think of tinted moisturizers? ive never tried one..Ive acutally never tried liquid makeup at all. How is the coverage??

Tinted moisturizers are just for giving your skin a bit of color. It gives some coverage so if you are pretty clear and just have uneven complexion and not a lot of scarring then it is sufficient for coverage. I personally like Benefit You Rebel (original tint, they have a "lite" version now too) because it is very weightless and evens out my skin on days that I look blotchy. I use it on days I know I will be out in the sun (it has SPF) but I don't want to wear powder, such as going to the beach.

hmmm.. i'd have to say my favorite TM would be physician formula, It doesn't provide alot of coverage but its organic and it's buildable, and with a light powder on top I find that the color stays constant from the first application. I believe it has lavender in it also so it has a pleasant fragrance. And it hasn't broken me out yet...... :)

^ she mentioned PF's TM. i've never tried it, but PF's organic TM has pretty good reviews on makeupalley. reapplying throughout the day does help, & applying a setting powder before and after the actual makeup can help with lasting power.

Okay im really torn between Laura Mercier's TM and Estee Lauder's Double Wear light. I have red/purple marks and uneven skin tone on my chin/forehead. But im hoping they get better once ive finished accutane.

Raimundo: has your Laura Mercier kit come in yet?

My Laura Mercier kit hasn't came in yet. I choose the 2nd day air shipping (I ordered online, since the nearest Sephora is like four hours away). So hopefully it comes in Tuesday or Wednesday (or sooner).

And I'm choosing a tinted moisturizer because I have an uneven skintone and some scars (that are starting to fade slowly, YES!). I'm trying to wean off from using foundation, because most of the time it just cakes on me :( (plus it could do my skin a favor by using less stuff on it). I look up the PF's TM, but I don't really like PF anymore since their makeup can get really cakey on me (I currently use the green concealer from PF but I'm switching with Dermablend green concealer).

And when my kit comes in, I will try your tip den_den. Thanks!

Thanks to everyone who has replied so far :)