Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fangzi

painful acne after 1 month of BP :(

Tomorrow will be my 1 month of using BP and my face is worse than before following this regimen! I am feeling really depressed and feel like staying at home all day (but I can't) and everyone was asking why is my face so dry (with all the flakings) and so many sudden outbreaks which i don't even know if its due to too much BP used (around 1 pump) or it simply does not works for me?? I have attached some pics of the acne on my cheeks..the whiteheads/pustules are so big and painful. Help!! :(

post-108618-1248446709_thumb.jpg

post-108618-1248446718_thumb.jpg

What are you using as a cleanser? That looks exactly like the way I used to break out from basically any and all cleansers, including the one on the regimen and cetaphil, both of which most people can use. I'm also really sensitive to BP and can only use it as a spot treatment, or I get big welts on my face. BP works really well, unless you're one of the rare people who are extremely sensitive to it. Maybe this is just the purge that everyone speaks of?

I'm using avene's soapless gel cleanser as I used to have fairly oily skin, is that too harsh for my skin now since my cheeks are feeling super tight and dry now after using BP? So what other cleansers do you recommend?

Yeah, the cleanser may be too harsh with the BP. Try Cetaphil or the acne.org cleanser. Those didn't work for me though, the only thing that seems to work for my skin is Likas Papaya Soap. It's really cheap, like $3, even less if you can find it in a store. It's all natural and also lightens and evens the complexion which helps with red marks too. Good luck, I hope things are clearing up a bit soon.

Yeah, the cleanser may be too harsh with the BP. Try Cetaphil or the acne.org cleanser. Those didn't work for me though, the only thing that seems to work for my skin is Likas Papaya Soap. It's really cheap, like $3, even less if you can find it in a store. It's all natural and also lightens and evens the complexion which helps with red marks too. Good luck, I hope things are clearing up a bit soon.

Well i am going to post the link to your success pics asn6, because maybe she can have the same results by trying NIACIN. I myself have been on this for 14 days now and i started seeing improvement around day 9 or 10. It really has taking out my redness and cheek acne quite a bit and i was one that tried everything as well and i have taking myself off of BP treatment since being on NIACIN 500mg no-flush. Give it a try and you might have the same success as others. Here is her link and other links regarding NIACIN:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Attempt-C...20#entry2671020

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/ACNE-CURE...SH-t239889.html

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Niacin-AM...ne-t241485.html

Good call JayQ. I didn't want to keep posting Niacin links because I feel like I'm constantly doing so, but it's good to hear that you've had success too! It seems to work well for that particular kind of localized cheek acne, for some reason.