Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sammydixo

Pantethine + zinc log

Alrighty well im sam, 17 and live in victoria, australia. Ive had acne for about 2 years now and its at what i would call a mild stage now but with alotof red marks to complement it nicely.

This is my try at stopping my acne before i go on roaccutane (accutane for those of you in the states) and im hopeing to hell itll work :)

My current regime consists of

Morning:

wash with Phisohex face wash

25mg of zinc

450mg of pantethine

Night:

450mg of pantethine

25mg of zinc

wash with Phisohex anti bacterial wash

wash with Alpha-H triple action cleanser

apply cream consisting of: 2% salicylic acid, 30% sulphur, in aqueous cream

The cream is prescribed by my derm and i leave it on over night. It smells horrible but showering in the morning fixes that. I use phisohex in the morning as the same derm told me it leaves an micro bacterial layer which stops bacteria getting to the skin. The cleanser is very mild, with no alcohol products. It includes aloe vera and is designed to disturb the acid mantle as little as possible.

Ive been taking zinc for about a week and a half and it has worked wonders, so far all my pimples haven't been bad, and have been leaving incredibly fast. Also my skin feels amazing smooth and luxurious :)

I started taking the pantethine 3 days ago, and went headlong in the 900mg dose. I started taking pantethine because black heads and clogged pores are a real problem to me, and ill often see a clogged pore turn into a pimple within a few days. Pantethine helps create? cozyme-A in the stomach which in turn breaks down fats and oils, so my body wont have the need to expel it through my sebum glands, or send it facewards.

Also ive started jogging/walking (mainly walking at this point), yoga and cardivascular excersises (such as chin ups and push ups) to generally make me healthier and in turn maybe improve my acne/self confidence.

The last things i have changed are my sleeping habits (getting to bed 1, 1/2 hours earlier) drinking plenty of water a day and drinking atleast one small pot of green tea a day. Hopefully all this combined will help me stop acne in its tracks, so that i dont feel compelled to go on roaccutane.

starting pics: (sorry about the lighting :()

post-103434-1248419389_thumb.jpgpost-103434-1248419415_thumb.jpgpost-103434-1248419443_thumb.jpg

:)

Day 3

sorry i missed taking pictures on the first day, but nothing that much has changed unless your right next to me. Zinc has been removing acne's presence bit by bit, and the pimples are much smaller than they were a few days ago. Cant notice any change in oil production but i hope to within the next few days. If anyone knows how long the recommended stay on pantethine is id like to know :) ill post back in a few days :)

post-103434-1248419389_thumb.jpg

post-103434-1248419415_thumb.jpg

post-103434-1248419443_thumb.jpg

Day 5

3 or 4 new whiteheads this morning, first for a few days, could be an IB for the pantethine as some people have said they've experience one :(

Hey,

I notice you have a good length of hair that can get in your face (forehead and cheeks) where you acne mainly is... Maybe try pulling your hair back away from your face at night when you sleep? I've seen results when I started to put my hair up in a bun or pony tail to keep it away from my back/chest/and forehead and my back is pretty much clear now ! The oils from your hair can be a bad influence. Just a tip to consider :D.

thanks for the tip :) but i already do that unfortunately :( have to or else the ac sal cream gets taking from my head onto my hair, and not doing its job. thanks tho scaligirl :)

hey, just seen your thread, im taking pantethine also, i take 900 mg in the morning, 900 in the evening, its been 7 days and my main goal is to decrease the oil production that leaves my face looking wet after a few hours, its been 7 days so far but i haven't seen a noticeable decrease yet, im going to give it a month to work then im jumping on a b5 reg......we shall see......good luck

day 7

Well my skin is amazing, so smooth except for 2 pimples on my face ( a few on my forehead) and these only appeared as i had abit of a lapse and had a picking field day on my face :/ Overall its doing much better, though im sure this is from the zinc. On the pantethine front, i can see my largest pores on my forehead and a few on my cheeks are shrinking, also less blackheads generally on my face.

thestrongwillprevail: yeah a few people have said it takes 3 weeks to work so ill be trying it for a good month before i give it the kick. I don't know if ill go to b5, the idea of taking that much doesn't appeal to me, neither do the side effects, it'll probably just be straight to roaccutane. (contradicting myself on side effects abit there :/ ) Gl though with it mate, keep me updated with your progress :)

my skin looks almost like yours.. I have some active pimples and cysts at the moment..

Good luck with the new reg

day 9

well my skin is still just as oily as it was a few days ago, but any pimples are healing up and im getting less new ones. Blackheads are becoming abit of a problem though, does anyone have any info on how often i should exfoliate? that should help with them.

Not enough difference to post pics, but i will in another two days, in better lighting this time :)

shum: thanks mate :) what are you doing to combat your skin atm?

I'm not doing much.. apply calendula essence twice a day and spot treat with sea salt..

I'm also taking Vitamin D, started the cod liver oil capsules yesterday and waiting for my zinc and neem oil to arrive..

I'm also doing the face dip in warm water..

im dangerously vitamin d defficient and i read somewhere its important for skin.. so im taking about 30 micro g of it daily .. ive read the omega 3 in the fish oil helps too..

but i just had a burgerr and chipsssssssss.. damn me

ah fair enough, i think ill wait too summer and soak up my quota then :) hows fish oil actually help your skin? i know ive still got a bottle of tablets from the early days of trying things out, might start on them again

day 12 barely any active pimples :) my skins still very red but less than 5 raised pimples atm :) im sure thats thanks to the zinc, on the other hand i havent noticed any results from the pantethine, such as less oil or reduced blackheads :( it hasnt even been two weeks yet so ill hold out till the third. Pictures of how im going :)

post-103434-1249124618_thumb.jpgpost-103434-1249124661_thumb.jpgpost-103434-1249124682_thumb.jpg

shum: thanks mate ill check it out :)

post-103434-1249124618_thumb.jpg

post-103434-1249124661_thumb.jpg

post-103434-1249124682_thumb.jpg

day 17

sorry about the late reply, no excuse for it though except to say ive been lazy :wall:

THE PANTETHINE SEEMS TO BE HAVING AN EFFECT, yes, im definably getting a reduced amount of oil on my face, also less blackheads are appearing :) On the zinc front, i think im reached the limits of what zinc can do, as its holding off most if not all pimples, but its not doing anything for my red marks. Tomorrow ill check at my chemist for niacin (hopefully the non-flush kind, but ill take flush if i have to) and hopefully beat acne back once and for all :)

day 22

eh.

My skin is at a more or less 'stagnant' stage. I still get pimples, but they heal up quite quickly when gone. Red marks aren't really moving, oil levels aren't changing that much (unless i have a green tea, that seems to almost stop oil for the day) but blackheads are visibly reduced, same with pore size. Niacinamide should be here tomorrow or the next day as i ordered it Friday, cant wait to start taking that :) ill take some pictures when it gets here, till then cheerio :)

Seems like pantethine is working for you, that`s great! :D How is oil production compared to when you first started taking pantethine? And what`s up with the green tea reducing oil, have you read that somewhere, or have you just experienced it yourself?

day 26 Final day of this log

Well Im about to add niacin to my regimen, so i thought id start a new log.

All in all though, pantethine has reduced oil production on my face somewhat, and i will keep taking it in the hope that it will improve more :) Zinc has helped immensely, without it i would probably be starting accutane right about now. So give pantethine and zinc a try if your interested, it could be the way to your cure :)

post-103434-1250384920_thumb.jpgpost-103434-1250385001_thumb.jpgpost-103434-1250385108_thumb.jpg

bareare: No idea how the green tea does it, maybe it tricks me into seeing less oil, all i know that it does help :)

post-103434-1250384920_thumb.jpg

post-103434-1250385001_thumb.jpg

post-103434-1250385108_thumb.jpg

L-cartinitine is a compound made out of two amino acids, it has a role in transporting fatty acids.

I was studying this and it looks reasonable. I am trying this also by the way..

Quote from Dr. Bach

It would be advantageous to reduce the B5 dosage to a more reasonable level. Considering the biochemical pathways involved, this would be possible with the addition of L-carnitine, which transports fatty acids across the mitochondrial membrane where they can be oxidized.