Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
User24582

Healthoid Back - New Acne Articles and Videos Coming - Video Inside

Hey guys, just letting you know that I'm going to be working on my health website Healthoid again and it will have some acne articles and videos very soon.

Here is my first video:

*Moderator edit, URL removed - read the board rules. *

Just to let you all know, my skin right now is 100% natural. I don't put anything on it, no BP, no moisturizer, no sunscreen, not even any soap. I don't use any supplements at all, and I eat about 95% natural foods.

In the next few days I'll write some articles and post videos about how I got my skin to look this way.

My skin is EXTREMELY acne prone, but by improving my health and paying very careful attention to my diet and lifestyle, I was able to achieve totally clear skin.

Come on now; you've been a member long enough to know that outside urls are against the board rules. Your site has lots of embedded advertising on it to boot. Kindly keep your outside urls to the only place they're allowed on this board: your profile, in your webpage link.

You are more than welcome to start a log with all your before and after pictures in it; that would be a good way to get out the information you want to without violating the board rules.

Come on now; you've been a member long enough to know that outside urls are against the board rules. Your site has lots of embedded advertising on it to boot. Kindly keep your outside urls to the only place they're allowed on this board: your profile, in your webpage link.

They're against the rules?

I've been posting links to my website for years now! Is this a new rule?

If you don't want me to post anymore links, I won't, just trying to help some members out here.

Alright guys, just received this PM from Wynne:

Hello acne.org poster:

Advertising is not allowed; please read the board rules that you agreed to when signing up here. The board rules also prohibit outside URLs, particularly in the signature. Please put the link to your website in your personal profile; that is the only place the outside URL may be posted; otherwise it is too much like advertising.

This site does not accept advertising of any type (even in individual posts) so that we may remain free of commercial interference and continue to maintain an open community of support and free information exchange, untainted by commercial influence.

This is an official warning. Further violations of board rules can result in further increases in your warning level and result in loss of ability to post, suspension, or termination of account. Please just abide by the board rules.

Your advertising post has been appropriately edited.

Sincerely,

the acne.org moderating team.

You received a standardized advertising PM with certain aspects tailored to your situation, as have hundreds of other posters who required warnings for violating the board rules. The rules you specifically violated:

13. Advertising/Soliciting: no advertising or soliciting in any form. This includes linking to or advertising other products or web sites in your posts or in your signature. It also includes soliciting of any kind. We allow one exception: if you need to link to a product you are currently using in your skin care regimen and need to ask a question on a one time basis.

14. Signatures: Linking to sites other than Acne.org is not allowed. Your signature is limited to a maximum of 5 images. Any image greater than 550 pixels in width or 250 pixels in height will be removed. If the sum of the file sizes of the images is greater than 50 KB, all images will be removed.

To update your personal profile:

Go to My Controls.

Choose the option Edit Personal Profile.

There should be a space under the profile where you can place your URL link to your website.

The above is how I'd do it with IP Board skin; I'm not sure how the personal profile information is edited under Acne.org 2.0 or Spider, both of which are available to members.

To update your personal profile:

Go to My Controls.

Choose the option Edit Personal Profile.

There should be a space under the profile where you can place your URL link to your website.

The above is how I'd do it with IP Board skin; I'm not sure how the personal profile information is edited under Acne.org 2.0 or Spider, both of which are available to members.

OK thanks. I have done this, but I can't see where it shows my website in my profile for others to see?

OK thanks. I have done this, but I can't see where it shows my website in my profile for others to see?

It depends on which skin you use. Try switching skins, and then look again.

It depends on which skin you use. Try switching skins, and then look again.

OK thanks, looks like websites only show up in the Spider skin.

Welcome back Healthoid!! I just looked at your profile after switching to the "spider" skin and I was able to see and click on the website. It looks great so thank you for that, and p.s maybe try putting the link in your signature where it would be more readily viewable and click-able.

p.s maybe try putting the link in your signature where it would be more readily viewable and click-able.

Please read Wynne's post in this thread (post #8) or the board rules. ; )

Ah sorry I missed that. I always see so many links in signatures but then again now that I really think about it they are mostly all links within acne.org. I do remember vividly one thread though where the poster had links actually within the thread to websites outside of acne.org. Romeos thread regarding what cleared his skin, he had links to the vitamins and fish oils etc which people requested, this was early 2008, is this a new rule???

p.s maybe try putting the link in your signature where it would be more readily viewable and click-able.

Ah sorry I missed that. I always see so many links in signatures but then again now that I really think about it they are mostly all links within acne.org. I do remember vividly one thread though where the poster had links actually within the thread to websites outside of acne.org. Romeos thread regarding what cleared his skin, he had links to the vitamins and fish oils etc which people requested, this was early 2008, is this a new rule???

We do allow linking to products on a one-time basis if people have questions about a particular product, but if people are constantly linking to certain products, that violates the board rules.

That's been a rule a long as I've been here, so it's nothing new.

We do allow linking to products on a one-time basis if people have questions about a particular product, but if people are constantly linking to certain products, that violates the board rules.

Thanks for clearing that up for me, while in situations like this it can prove to be a nuisance, I'm sure overall such a rule prevents alot of spam and other noncense from littering the board

Thanks for clearing that up for me, while in situations like this it can prove to be a nuisance, I'm sure overall such a rule prevents alot of spam and other noncense from littering the board

Shoe spammers are particularly persistent; usually we ban spammers when they first rear their ugly fingers. The other spammers that are particularly persistent usually have fewer than 10 posts and want to tout a product they've 'found' and further research shows the mods that the product in question is actually made by the poster! There are many banned shill accounts like that. Everyday there are more spammers.

The ones that are new posters really infuriate me because they're trying to take advantage of our readership; touting usually VERY expensive products that have minimal to no reviews. They're trying to take advantage of desperate acne sufferers!

Thus we enforce the rule stringently.

it's a great rule and Healthoid is IMO a respected member posting his story and anti-acne regimen at no cost (complete with a video showcasing his lovely eyes :redface: ).

it's a great rule and Healthoid is IMO a respected member posting his story and anti-acne regimen at no cost (complete with a video showcasing his lovely eyes :redface: ).

second that....

second that....

That is why he's not banned for advertising. We agree thoroughly that he's a great member of the site. :)

Shoe spammers are particularly persistent; usually we ban spammers when they first rear their ugly fingers. The other spammers that are particularly persistent usually have fewer than 10 posts and want to tout a product they've 'found' and further research shows the mods that the product in question is actually made by the poster! There are many banned shill accounts like that. Everyday there are more spammers.

The ones that are new posters really infuriate me because they're trying to take advantage of our readership; touting usually VERY expensive products that have minimal to no reviews. They're trying to take advantage of desperate acne sufferers!

Thus we enforce the rule stringently.

LOL shoe spammers on an acne site, wtf?

Yeah sorry if this was considered spam...yes there are ads on my site, although no one seems to click them so it doesn't seem to make a difference anyway lol.

But I hope that all the free information can offset the small nuisance of the ads.

second that....

That is why he's not banned for advertising. We agree thoroughly that he's a great member of the site. :)

LOL you guys are too much.

I would love to post all of my information directly on this forum, but #1 I want a central location where I can simply link anyone to that I know will always be available and won't be cluttered with a ton of posters telling me how wrong I am (lol), and #2 Me and everyone else is trying to make a living in this tough economy, so I'm seeing if it's possible to make a few bucks from the site on advertising. But it's still totally free, so even poor teenagers can access it without any trouble. If I could go back in time as a teen and read what I am writing right now, I would kill to be able to do that.

Healthoid - what did you do for scarring/redmarks? How long did they take to go away?

I didn't do anything specifically for scarring or redmarks. The healthier I got, the better my skin looked, including scars and redmarks. It took a while for them to fade after I changed my diet, maybe even a year or so, but they got drastically better as I got healthier - its weird, healthier skin is just naturally smooth and good looking - its like it smooths out the scars. They're still there, but they look much better.

this site is becoming more and more commercial. can't believe that they won't let you post your links anymore and tell you that you got many adds on your site. unbelievable