Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dalila

Need advice on my extensive anti-acne plan

What about sugars, refined carbs, bad fats, binge eating, drinks, digestion issues, sleep...?

What kind of allergies? Have you tried an elimination diet to determine if you have any food intolerances that might be causing your acne. The worst of my cystic acne turned out to be a reaction to citrus. Dairy and gluten intolerances are more common.

Have you seen the green smoothie thread? A great way to get more greens, probably by far the most important thing to get in your diet. Stir fries and curries made with lots of onion, garlic, and dark green veggies are other great ways.

My diet cleared my skin at 40, btw. And I had acne for 30 years, too.

Good Luck.

Thanks for your reply! I have allergies to dust mites and animals and get allergy shots on top of the prescriptions. I don't eat anything with any form of sugar or sweetener in it. It's been three years now. The worst of what I eat is white pasta, bread, and butter, which I have had a very hard time giving up. I sleep well and have good digestion. An elimination diet right now would be great! Thanks for the idea. Though I'm not sure how effective it would be with all the stuff I am taking.