Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kk95

all cleansers seem dangerous

well i did a good share of research just now, and i found that all the recommended liquid cleansers contain dangerous ingredients. i dont really know what to say bout it though....any ideas/advice

Guest missyjean130

I know right? It makes you really paranoid!

A lot of the ingredients have myths surrounding them,or they may only be bad for certain people, or inconclusive research studies...

If it works for you,don't be afraid to use it. I use an acne detective guide on zerozits.com if I'm trying something new

I've been using my aveeno cleanser for years and I love it,but I recently added the proactive to help my skin stay less oily through the day.Both are fine (for me). All products I use are in my signature. The whole free radical/cancer worries about benzoyl peroxide have evidence for and against the product,the percentage I use isn't high though.

People say harsh things against sodium sulfates,which have never specifically broken me out either. The only reason I use a soap is because with my favorite,precious serum...it's too drying lol

It's really a lot of pure experimentation....sucks,I know

I don't think all liquid cleansers are bad for everyone, but for me they ALL (even cetaphil!) made me continue to break out. I finally had to switch to an organic soap to stop the irritation. If you haven't seen results no matter what you've done, it's worth a shot to make sure it's not your cleanser that's the culprit. I'm not sure what it is about liquid cleansers or regular soaps that make me break out, but there's definitely something!

I've never had a problem with cleansers but I think I have found the absolute best cleanser now :]

IMO Purpose Gentle Cleanser [i think that's what it's called] is really really good. I think it's seriously one of the reasons I've stopped breaking out because it cleans my skin so well.

Just a suggestion though. I would recommend it for you to try [if you haven't already].

Lol actually I just thought about it...Idk if that's a liquid...it's a gel...mmm..idk. it turns liquid when it mixes with water haha Idk.

<3

After getting clear I found out that ALL cleansers were actually contributing to my acne.

what did you use to wash your face before you had acne?

i had to stop using any face wash and just use water to wash my face.

Everybody's different. It you look at one of those comedogenic scales almost all of the bigger name commercial cleanser has sometime that is potentially comedogenic. Yet there are people that have used cetaphil for years without problems and there are others that feel like it causes them to break out. It really is trial and error. Everyone is different. Some people try the no washing technique, but thats a different topic/debate. Purpose and cetaphil are some of the more gentle, nonirritating cleanser. You can also try some of the organic soaps although that doesn't necessarily mean that its not irritating and doesn't contain harsh chemicals. Good luck.