Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Since Niacin has become the next big fad, I thought it would be nice to have a thread where people post there results. Please post what your experience was, what you took, how much you took, and how long you took it.

^You forgot not washing? It's still going.

And remember those that were absolutely determined to maintain a perfect omega 3/6 ratio? You couldn't bring up eating any kind of nut or seed without them ranting about how many omega 3 capsules you'd have to take to make up for the omega 6.

And the anti-fructose in any amount.

Not that there's anything wrong with those supplements or methods, most of which are very beneficial. It's just that they aren't miracle pills.

Yeah i do think quite a few people go over the top on this board - like no maturbation, and that by lifting weights causes acne.

I know acne is a horrible thing, but I do believe many on here go overboard imo.

I love fads. Lets recall some older fads:

DIM - it clears acne in one week!

MSM.

Drinking water 2 hours apart from meals.

Soluble fiber (mostly glucomannan) crazy...though it did help a lot.

Zinc

Fructose & Taurine.

And that's just off the top of my head.

Paleo

No wash

No masturbation

(PS Zinc and Taurine really do help!)

(PS Zinc and Taurine really do help!)

So do most of the others.

you guys are missing the point of this thread

No, but I can't testify to the efficacy of mega dosing Niacin. And no one else has responded on that either.

I was reading about niacinamide on these boards the other day. I stored the information in the back of my mind, but wasn't planning to buy it in vitamin form at the store right away. My acne has been more manageable lately because I've been eating well, taking certain vitamins, running, and just got back from the beach. Around this time last year I was on accutane. Of course it worked like magic, blahblahblah. A couple of months after treatment the acne came back. (Big surprise, right? :P) Anyway, a couple of days ago my mom went to the same dermatologist for her own skin. I have not seen him since the accutane, and I think he knows I'm ''shunning'' him. Apparently he told her he wanted to see me and see how my face was doing. I, having zero trust for him and the whole industry, refused. Then she told me he wrote down something I might like to try. I expected it to be some antibiotic or OTC topical. To my surprise, when I looked at the notecard it said "Niacinamide 100mg, 1-2x per day." I was genuinely surprised that he would suggest a vitamin that I could pick up at Wal-Mart without ever seeing his face. (Of course, below that he wrote "Clean + Clear System *rolls eyes*). It actually restored some of my faith that he cares about his patients, and I may go in and see if he can give me a 4% niacinamide gel or something. I don't think it can hurt things, since I already have it a bit under control.

Sorry for writing a novel, it just shocked me. :P