Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Packerfan785

Why does Weed cause acne?

Most things that trigger acne, make sense to me, I know the reason behind them. One thing that I don't understand is why weed is a trigger.

Cannabis can severely disrupt the melatonin cycle (as can staying up late at night eating chips and watching Three Stooges movies). The melatonin cycle is the backbone of the chemical cascade that keeps "normal" people from having acne.

Most things that trigger acne, make sense to me, I know the reason behind them. One thing that I don't understand is why weed is a trigger.

One thought I always had was that it typically leads to binge eating which, as we've seen in several posts, is definitely a factor in acne.

if you watch the documentary Super High Me, this comedian who has smoked bud for 15 years of his life checked his sperm levels after stopping for 30 days and they were normal. he then went on a 30 day smoking binge and checked his sperm count after and it was slightly above average.

but what databased said about melatonin is true. getting high does affect your REM cycles and therefore you get less quality sleep. that may or may not be a cause of acne.

theres really no proof that smoking bud causes acne. but you'll probably be emptying out your fridge when your baked so that is something you should be worrying about.

Affects sleep, even if you get 8 hours, it s more like 6, and u cna feel it. Also, over eating is so easy to do when high. Make sure to smoke before 8pm, and eat first. And tell yourself "no food!"

Only because you eat anything when your high and dont care...not to mention you sit around wasting your day.