Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SMURPH

can smoking tobacco worsen your acne?

i smoke hookah pretty regularly so i was wondering if anybody knew anything on the subject?

I am going to type an answer here and I do not want people attacking me. I am a non-smoker and hate cigarettes in case you are wondering.

Smoking makes acne better. This is due to anti-inflammatory properties of tobacco. Your skin will look better while you are young. On the other side hand, smoking causes premature aging of the skin and so while it may make your skin look good from the outside, it will significantly damage it from the inside.

Holistically thinking-

-All parts of the body work together (any physician or nurse or high school physiology student can prove this)

-Skin=Body Part (it's just another organ)

=If it's bad for your body, it's bad for your skin.

Because your skin is your body.

Smoking can temporarily help the inflammation of acne, just like tanning can temporarily cover up redness. But the long term effects and those aside from the anti-inflammatory effect deteriorate your skin.

:)

Plus, the smoke of it etc can get in and clog pores.

It is anti-inflammatory, but there are things like smoke which clog your pores and worsen it.

Guest missyjean130
Plus, the smoke of it etc can get in and clog pores.

It is anti-inflammatory, but there are things like smoke which clog your pores and worsen it.

I've never heard of that clogging your pores,and it doesn't seem like it would.

I smoked from ages 14-17 and I didn't notice any difference with my acne I had since age 13.

However, it ages your skin which can worsen the appearance of scars more early on,gives you a weird colored skin over time...you can tell a lot of the time when you meet someone whether they smoke or not. I personally wouldn't want to exchange acne with discolored,prematurely aged skin. That is why I quit,I care more about my looks than getting cancer lol.

I'm sure you've heard that lecture a lot,I'm sorry. But ultimately,no,never made acne worse/better.

ya wen i used to smoke my chin acne used to worsen. wen i gave up it seemed to get a lil better might be just a coincidence tho :)