Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rjhdsa

Does facial oil (sebum) help with preventing acne?

so i have acne just on the sides of my face and jawline, but none on my forehead and nose. my forehead and nose are the areas of my face that have the most oil at the end of the day. in fact, i realized that the areas i have acne on (sides of face, jawline), i don't really produce any facial oil in those areas.

has anyone else had this same experience? or has anyone seen research suggesting that facial oil helps prevent acne?

the same thing with me!.

i don't get too much acne near my t zone which is very oily.

but acne is mostly caused by the clogging of pores. and sebum and dead skin,etc clog those.

Hello rjhdsa! =]

-I've personally never heard of sebum preventing acne-only contributing to it. I do know that sebum helps keep the skin lubricated. Since acne is prone to irritated skin, I guess sebum might in part contribute to prevention by keeping the skin moist.

-actually I have exactly the opposite condition- most of my acne is located on my forehead and second most on my nose.

I have the same problem as well, if you find the cause please message me in some way cause my acne kills me.

If sebum isn't the cause of you guys acne then most probably it is due to hormone which is going to be even more difficult to treat.

sorry for the earlier post... 1st time using this board, not at all familiar.

No clue whether facial oil help in preventing acne. But Jojoba Oil is a product you can use on your face to balance the oil/sebum production. You may view into Acne.org Message Boards on users' reviews on JOJOBA OIL to have more confident in using this oil.