Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have been using proactiv for the past 5 years now, it ever so slowly cleared up my skin. I stumbled across this site about....2 or 4 months ago? I'm very interested in dans stuff... but I am literally terrified of getting off proactiv. I have horrible acne, I've never been to a derm so I really dont know if it would classify as severe or not. All I know is at my lowest point a very small child was frightened of sitting next me on the bus, that was a few days before I decided to go on proactiv. The last time I went on the bus was about 8 months ago, a different child actually snuggled up to me and fell asleep! but these are my only problems with the stuff...

1. My face is slightly darker than the rest of my skin, I'm not sure if it is from the product, or just because I have had so much acne in the past that my skin is mildly scarred from it all.

2. It is sooo expensive! and I have to follow my regimen very strictly twice a day, or I will see pimples within a few days.

3. I have to use the advanced blemish treatment every day, 2 smalls dots on both my cheeks while my face is still moist from the repairing lotion. I have no idea if this is bad for my skin, but I am so self conscious about my acne that at this point I dont care, i just want to keep my clear skin. I still have some marks but they are fading away.

I've tried EVERYTHING in the past. I have scrubbed and massaged, I have tried all natural stuff, nothing works. My skin is very sensitive and at first proactive was irritating to my skin. The blemish treatment was downright painful at first, I still used it, which I know I should have stopped but luckily my skin got used to it. I also use their moisturizer with sunblock that helps with the dryness but I want to find something that will work just as good without having to keep my ridiculous "ritual" that has been developed through the years.

I never sleep over anyone's house because I dont want people knowing I use it seeing as how my skin still isnt perfect. I'm so afraid of getting pregnant again because I dont think you can use proactiv when you are pregnant, has anyone gone through this? and ideas? Oh and correct me if I am wrong, you can't wear makeup on Dan's regimen? That another thing, foundation is my second skin! Can't leave the house without it!!

1. My face is slightly darker than the rest of my skin, I'm not sure if it is from the product, or just because I have had so much acne in the past that my skin is mildly scarred from it all.

I was using Dans regimen for about 2 months, i cleansed my face, waited, applied the BP (only to acne prone areas) and then moisturised. I followed the outlined regimen completely, ramping up the BP at times recomended, etc. However after the 2 months, the areas that i applied the BP were still a darker colour than the rest of my face, they were wrinkly, despite the moisturiser, and alothough the acne was gone, it looked awful having blotches of darker skin over my face. I imagine the same think is happening to you (as you apply the product all over your face, the whole thing seems darker). I know your not on the regimen, but both the regimen and proactiv involve using BP, which is what is causing this effect. It depends if this bothers you more than the acne, as its over the whole face it can be covered with foundation without looking wierd. Naturally some people have darker skin on their faces anyway, so i wouldnt worry too much about it, just pass yourself off as one of those people.

2. It is sooo expensive! and I have to follow my regimen very strictly twice a day, or I will see pimples within a few days.

If you look up about Dans regimen, its the same thing, if you dont use the products twice a day pimples will also appear. And although it might be cheaper, it may not work as well. Proactive contains BP in the cleanser, toner and moisturiser, so its 'stronger' than the regimen, which only involves applying BP as a treatment. The stronger treatment may be helping keep acne at bay.

3. I have to use the advanced blemish treatment every day, 2 smalls dots on both my cheeks while my face is still moist from the repairing lotion. I have no idea if this is bad for my skin, but I am so self conscious about my acne that at this point I dont care, i just want to keep my clear skin. I still have some marks but they are fading away.

I wouldnt worry too much about this, have you tried not using it though? If the acne returns when you stop, then just begin using again.

Anyway, im just trying to say in my opinion that coming off proactive and going onto the regimen may not be the best idea for you. With regards to the pregnancy thing, ive never heard that you cant use proactive when your pregnant, if thats the case, then i suspect you wouldnt be able to use the regimen why ur pregnant, due to them both using BP so it would be pointless to switch. If your worried about using it during pregnancy ask your doctor for advice, or phone the proactive phoneline and enquire about it. Anyway, i think that if its working for you, stick to it.