Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Has any type of sulfur products worked for your skin? I'm planning on getting some kind of sulfur soap =] I've read reviews about some Joesoef sulfur soap (google it) and people have raved on other forums how it cleared up their skin drastically. After doing more research, sulfur seems pretty awesome. Thoughts?

Proactiv Refining Mask is the only thing I'll use from that brand. It dries up a zit within two-three days. It has sulfur in it and works great for me.

I read about the Joesoef Acne soap too. There are some reviews from people who have tried it. Overall, it seems to be getting good reviews:

I went to Nutrition World yesterday and picked up a bar of Enzymatic Therapy Derma-Klear Akne Treatment Soap. It worked extremely well for a girl who had severe acne. They said she comes in for the soap every other week so she doesn't run out of it.

Right now, my son is on his second week of using Dan Kern's regimen. I'm going to give it a little more time to see how it goes.

My dermatologist gives me Plexion(I buy the generic brand Prascion). I though it was worthless but I went sometime without my acne medicine while I waited for my next dermatologist appointment and my face got irritated often specially when I came home from school with all of the grease and sunblock. I massaged it on my face for around 20 seconds like the directions said) the redness went away and my face felt as if I had no acne like a bit numb. I can't use BP soaps my face gets red and when I tried a 2.5% soap bar I got red and flaked a lot even my hands flaked from passing it on my skin and I had used 10% BP creams for a year or more. When I used salicic acid soaps my face sort of had like an extra layer but it didnt cause me to break out but my mom told me various times my face was red. Just saying that sulfur never even irritated me when I first used it.

I can recommend this particular sulfur soap that I've been using for a few weeks now:

http://sal3.com/

I only use it on my body though because I rarely get any facial acne any more. Also as AriadnaLoli suggested the Proactic Refining Mask works well also for spot treatment. It's the one product I continued to buy after trying Proactive once in my late teens. One of the large tubes last forever too when you're only spot treating instead of putting it on your whole face as a mask.

Edited by Stephen01

if i had an allergic reaction to bactrim -which is sulfur based, would i be likely to have an allergic reaction to a sulfur wash? i would think i would but im not sure. any help?

if i had an allergic reaction to bactrim -which is sulfur based, would i be likely to have an allergic reaction to a sulfur wash? i would think i would but im not sure. any help?

The confusion with Sulfa, Sulfate, and Sulfur Allergy

And here is more information about Sulfa allergies, including those medications that have structural similarities to sulfa meds and thus may cause cross-sensitivity. http://allergies.about.com/od/medicational...ies/a/sulfa.htm

A sulfanomide (see sample structure, below) does contain sulfur, but the sulfur atoms are imbedded in a complex molecule. The sulfur atom is not the allergenic agent and being allergic to sulfa drugs does not imply having a propensity to allergy to other sulfur compounds. Rather, it is a unique property of this kind of compound, namely that it can form proteins that are allergenic in some individuals.

Hope that helps. :)

Has any type of sulfur products worked for your skin? I'm planning on getting some kind of sulfur soap =] I've read reviews about some Joesoef sulfur soap (google it) and people have raved on other forums how it cleared up their skin drastically. After doing more research, sulfur seems pretty awesome. Thoughts?

I love Queen Helene's Mint Julep mask!

up until now, the proactive sulfur mask was the only thing that did anything significant to my skin. but since all of their other products really fucked my face up, I don't want to buy anything from them.

i recently started using adovia acne mineral products--the have a mineral acne soap, exfoliating facial salts, and mineral toner, which have definately made a difference in my borderline moderate acne in only two weeks. My face feels better, even though it's still 'purging.'

they also sell a bar of sulfur soap that I bought and use after workouts.

on amazon there is a sulfur mask not made by proactive; it's bigger than the mask they sell, and costs about $40. But everyone's review is that it actually makes pimples smaller overnight and reduces pore size. you might want to look into that.

Also Queen Helene makes a Mint Julep mask that contains sulfur; i've been using this everyday and it has really really helped my skin purge and more pores get smaller (it's about $4 at the drugstore).

Good luck!

I use Dr. Joesoef's 10% sulfur soap. Sulfur works best for me. The soap isn't expensive, lasts a long time and has a pleasant scent. I use it for face and back acne. My 21yo son also uses it for face and chest acne. This has been the only thing that has cleared us up.

I alternate the sulfur soap with African black soap. I also spot treat with Adult Acnomel (8% sulfur) when I feel a pimple/cyst coming. Gets rid of the cyst (if it shows up) within 2-3 days.

I highly recommend trying the Joesoef soap. One bar lasts me over 2 months.