Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Josh.

How long did it take your.....

redmarks to fade? 0-6 months, a year? two years?

I'm 100% clear because of Dan's regimen. Dan is awesome! It took me two months to clear up.

I'm using the following:

-Dan's Cleanser

-Dan's BP

-Neutrogena Healthy Skin w/SPF(Has AHA in it)--This seems to be helping a bit.

I had acne for about two-three years. From 18-21. My acne was Mild-Moderate, and my redmarks are mild.

Given my information, how long do you think it will take to clear these crappy marks?

And, is there any other products to help speed up the process that won't break me out?

idk...on average less than a year i guess. and regarding the products, there's waaaay to many to suggest. one thing you should definitely do is use sunscreen year long.

Seven months.

My redmarks were located at the top of my forehead. I used Retin-A Micro and six sessions of microdermabrasion. I noticed improvement at the five month mark.

I developed some mild ice pick scars in the t zone area, and several others on my cheeks. The scars in the t zone area looked red and irritated. It's been twenty months since the scars formed, and with the help of Retin-A Micro, they're finally starting to fill in. I was very impressed with the results.

Thanks for the reply, The Heir, and Butch.

The Heir: That's where my red-marks are located, right on my forehead, and temples. I have them on my cheeks, and jawline, also. I do not have Ice Pick scars; I guess I'm lucky in that regard. I just have lots of PIH that I do not like, however, I realize that it will probably take awhile to heal.

Retin-A, seems like some potent stuff. I go back to the derm in a couple of months. Is there any purging period with Retin-A? And is it safe to use with the regimen?

Congratulations for finding something that's working for you. I'm happy for you :) I dunno what I would do without this place.

Ive got red marks that have lasted so far 2 and a bit years, but to be fair it was from really severe acne, and also Ive been on accutane for alot of these 2 years so its more a redness, than generalised red marks. Plus accutane means skin doesnt heal as it normally should.

Back in the day before i had severe acne and was on accutane and i used to get mild-moderate acne my red marks would clear in around 5 months.

one redmark i had for months and one redmark i had for a couple years faded within a week using olive oil

Olive Oil, huh? Will that clog pores? Or is it similar to jojoba oil?