Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JimSta

Glycolic Acid 70%

I'm kind of freaking out right now. I got a glycolic acid peel yesterday and today I have this dark crust. Underneath that dark crust I can make out some very pink skin. Is this normal? How long before this peels off?

Since 70% is a pretty deep peel it is definatly normal for you to crust over...DONT PICK!!!! Chemical burns are controlled burns of the skin so your skin will go through the same stages of healing as with a burn. Your crust may be a brown color too which is also completely normal. After about 4 or 5 days your skin will start to peel in a snake like fashion, likely around the nose and mouth at first. Your new skin will be sensitive and pink because it is a bit new and raw. The best thing I have discovered for post peel moisturizing is cetaphil cream...even though it is super thick it doesn't clog my skin. Be gentle to your new skin, use sunscreen and/or stay out of the sun and your results will make you forget how much you are regretting that peel right now :-)

I'm kind of freaking out right now. I got a glycolic acid peel yesterday and today I have this dark crust. Underneath that dark crust I can make out some very pink skin. Is this normal? How long before this peels off?

Where did you get the peel from?

Just wanted to update everyone on my peel. The brown crust started peeling off between days 3-5 with the last of it on day 5. My face is normal looking again, but there are little patches where my skin is really pink however the pink discoloration is fading little by little everyday. Overall I think the peel improved my face very marginally. There are places where it worked great (my temple area) and there are places where I didn't see that much improvement (my cheeks). I'll keep getting peels since I paid for 6 sessions, but I'll only do 70% a few times. I'll stick with 50% because the social downtime for 70% is too long, and the improvement isn't that great to justify it.