Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I thought my face was looking better, but then I walked out into the hallway.

Mom: Cameron, have you been trying something new on your face?

Me: No , why?

Mom: It looks like you broke out again.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

:mad:

Part of me thinks she doesn't pay as much attention to my face as I do, because I know I haven't got any new acne. But part of me is just like. curlup in a ball mode.

haha.

Haha, yeah. I never mention to my mom what I'm even doing for my skin, so she wouldn't know, and yet she gives me the whole "are you washing your face?!?!!?!!1111" stuff.

:rolleyes:

Wow that's tough D:

But I got my acne problem from her genes, she went through the same thing I am goign through. You think my mom would know better. :/

Ehhh. I'm upset.

xD

:(

I would HATE if my mom did that. I feel for you guys, I'm insecure enough about my skin without having my family all over me for it, too.

:comfort:

It sucks that she would be that abrasive on the issue. Like everyone else has said, only you know your skin best.

I have a mother who is so supportive that she acts like I don't have any acne at all. Sometimes that is irritating. Yet, I also realize there are much more important things about me than just my spots.

Sometimes parents just don't get it. My dad is really happy I'm on Accutane, but for the longest time he would always try to make me feel better about my skin and say it wasn't as bad as I thought. I inherited the acne gene from him, and I know he had bad acne, but I'm not sure if it was worse than mine is. I'm lucky in that my family is pretty supportive and rarely comments on my skin. If you check out www.fmylife.com, it's amazing what some of the parents say to their kids. I think their filter system goes out the window at a certain age!

My mom tends to do that as well... once I put up my hair, and she says, "Aw you look so pretty! But my, your skin is so bumpy!" Really now? lol. Cause I thought it was getting better.

But yep, like The Heir says - if you notice progress, it's progress...

It happens with me too.. Its not my mom who says this though.. Might be my friend or someone.. I go mad after hearing that.. All that confidence that I had gathered after thinking yeah I'm getting clear drops in a moment.. I really think people need to think once before saying that..

At least my mom said that my face looks very clear. Even though I have scars and it bothers me! In point of fact, my skin is partially clear. I occasionally get back-acne.

But I'm delighted that my skin has gotten better! I used to be obsessed with my skin. But now I'm relieved

Did you say any anything back to her? You should probably tell her how it makes you feel when she says things like that, but I suppose she was just maybe trying to give you constructive feedback? If you HAD been using something new, and you did break out, maybe it would've been helpful for her to let you know that you might need to go back to what was previously working (maybe). Someone at work said to me the other day "Your skins broken out! What did you do?" and I mumbled something under my breath (possibly that it was none of her business) and walked off, but I e-mailed her about it and let her know how I felt. She later apologised profusely, and said she didn't realise how much her comments had upset me. Mum's are sometimes oblivious though. They love us unconditionally, so perhaps she thinks that hearing stuff like that from her is okay. But like everyone else has said: if you don't think it's gotten any worse, don't stress about it. Keep smiling.

lately i get a lot of compliments about how clear my skin is

but i do got some scars but it seems nobody notices it

But I'm delighted that my skin has gotten better! I used to be obsessed with my skin. But now I'm relieved

It happens with me too.. Its not my mom who says this though.. Might be my friend or someone.. I go mad after hearing that.. All that confidence that I had gathered after thinking yeah I'm getting clear drops in a moment.. I really think people need to think once before saying that..

I know exactly what you mean.

In fifth grade I was picked on by a couple of boys for my weight [i was a little chubby, yeah :doubt:] and it completely took my confidence away. I'd shy away from people, not eat, cry myself to sleep... the whole nine yards. The simplest things felt so hard.

But over the years I've gained confidence. And now, whenever someone mentions something about me - anything: a flaw, a bad trait, etc, all that confidence goes out the window. But I've made it quicker in getting the confidence back, so that's good. ^_^

I know exactly what you mean.

In fifth grade I was picked on by a couple of boys for my weight [i was a little chubby, yeah :doubt:] and it completely took my confidence away. I'd shy away from people, not eat, cry myself to sleep... the whole nine yards. The simplest things felt so hard.

But over the years I've gained confidence. And now, whenever someone mentions something about me - anything: a flaw, a bad trait, etc, all that confidence goes out the window. But I've made it quicker in getting the confidence back, so that's good. ^_^

Lyssa.. :wub: I'm happy to hear that you are able to gain back the confidence quickly.. I know it does help a lot.. Confidence is the key to deal with acne.. If I loose confidence I go in depression and it's difficult to get out of it.. I just ignore people around me when they talk about my skin coz they have no clue how hard we are working on it.. And even minor changes in the skin makes us so happy.. I just believe what I see in the mirror.. :nod:

I know exactly what you mean, Cam! This past week I was up north with my extended family. I wasn't wearing any makeup, because my skin was starting to clear way up on my regimen (or lack thereof...), but I have a lot of red marks of course. But even those were fading. Then, my one of my aunts goes and offers to purchase me ProActiv. Which brought me from about here...

To here! I wanted to cry. But I guess those little things are kind of like tests on us, to see how strong our confidence is. But it's a hard test :/