Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Heyoo

YAZ for acne-prone peeps

Hi! So I know experiences are different for everyone with bcp's, but I am wondering if Yaz has helped anyone clear their acne on their chin/jaw/lower face. I've heard that often Yaz messes up people's faces if they don't have acne and those who do get better. But yeah, my doc just said I should start Yaz and I think I will next week. Any stories/experiences/advice?

Thanks! :)

Posted this in another thread - I'm taking yaz with 50mg spironolactone and I saw real improvement at the end of my second month. My acne is/was mostly hormonal and it's beginning to become less active. I haven't had much problem with it.

I've had great success with Yaz so far. I'm on my 4th month of it. I'm 35 and besides an initial breakout of some small cystic acne, my face cleared remarkably fast (which leads me to think my acne was truly hormonal). I'm still getting one or two spots during the 2nd week of each pack, but they are nothing compared to what I was dealing with before. I also love having a much shorter period. :dance: