Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
XenoMiang

Clindamycin Phosphate gel for bacne?

I've had moderate upper back and shoulder acne all my life (I'm 27) and haven't ever been able to even make it better much less clear it up. My mom sent me a tube of Clindamycin Phosphate and said it worked whenever she had a light breakout on her upper back and said I should give it a try. My question(s) to you all is to whoever have tried this product :

I heard this product is more effective combined with benzoyl peroxide, so since my bacne is worse then just being light acne should I use a 2.5% benzoyl peroxide cleanser along with it?

And also has anyone has good results with this product?

My derm told me to wash with BP then apply clindamycin lotion to any area affected by the acne, twice a day. I do it once a day for my back on days it seems oily (because it's such a hassle to reach and everything), and twice a day for my face. It's been working great though. I haven't gotten a zit on my back in about a month, and I was getting cysts before.

I use something called Duac which is a mix of BP & clindamycin - it works wanders straight away !

The clindamycin is an anti-bac. so it kills all spot causing bacteria -

it should work for you :D x

Check out the blog if you want to see how quick it worked and pics :D x

Edited by Misslmh