Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Meganx3

Sports induced acne (acne mechanica)

So I have pin pointed the cause of the acne of my forehead. I ride horses competitively, so I am riding every day, and I wear a helmet. I went on vacation last week, so I had a week off of riding, and my face cleared up 100%. But within the two days of being home and riding, my acne was back. I recently switched to clearasil...about a month ago, and always wipe my face off right when I get off with clearasil wipes and it has helped, but I still have about 7 pimples on my forehead and when one goes away, another appears. The only way I can get them all away is to not ride, but that is not an option. Has anyone dealt with this before? or have suggestions?

this used to happen to me; in the military you always wear covers (aka hats) with just about every uniform. basically, since you can't not wear the helmet (i'm assuming - i don't know anything about horse riding) you just have to clean the inside of the helmet that touches your forhead. like take a wipe and wipe out the area that rubs against your forehead when riding, and see if that helps a bit.

ryan

This is kind of like getting athletes foot or some other fungus caused by wearing dirty shoes full of your body secretion of sweat mixed in with dirt/dust/ etc. When your body sweats, it seacretes oils/toxins out from your body and if it stays on your skin, it'll cause some sort of skin reaction. Its kind of like how people complain about their acne flaring up more from their pillow case. Your skin is being pushed up against all that dirt, oil, dead skin cells etc and all your doing by sleeping on that pillow case is; reclogging your poors with all that junk your body was trying to get rid of in this first place. Your helmet is basically doing the same thing in keeping/pushing that sweat up against your forehead and theirfore keeping oxygen away from those poores along your forehead.

I would recommend wearing a "wet-one' inside your helmet or wiping your head with some other kind of anti-bacterial wipe whenever to take a time-out from rideing.

I've tried wiping my helmet out when I am done...it hasnt really helped at all. I am curious to try riding with a wet one under my helmet to see how that works...

Ok, so I have been putting a baby wipe under my helmet against my forehead then wiping my face with a clearasil pad after and my skin is clearrrr!!!! I am sooo happy!!!! Too bad it only took mea a year to figure this out and i have marks from poping the pimples. ughh :dry: