Notifications
Clear all

Cyst with "dead' blood inside, how to get rid off it

MemberMember
(@meiti)

Posted : 07/23/2009 6:52 am

Hi,

I had a huge cyst on my right cheek. The derm emptied it with a needle once 2, 5 week asgo, and it has become smaller and flatter but is still big enough to keep me basically locked indoors and completely avoiding going to public places.

I had another appointment with the derm yesterday but he said he shouldn't poke it open again or inject cortisone because it's heeling and is not infected anymore, that there is only "dead' blood inside. I'm eating antibiotiics and some otehr medicine that helps for the infected areas elsewhere on my face.

Does anyone have expericence on how to get the cyst go down any faster, in a case like this when supposedly there's no yellowish liquid inside, only the blood? This has really put my life in a halt, I'm even working from home for the moment as I don't want to show my face anywhere!

MemberMember
(@mr-crab)

Posted : 07/23/2009 10:44 am

Does it still hurt when you touch it? I have tons of ancient cysts that remain small and horribly painful with no way to get any of the stuff out. I don't know what can be done..

MemberMember
(@meiti)

Posted : 07/23/2009 11:06 am

It doesn't hurt at all anymore, so I guess the doctor is right saying that it's not infected anymore. But I just have no idea how to speed up it going down, if anyone has experience of this sort fo "phase" , could you pls give you advises?

MemberMember
(@cheekytrickychic)

Posted : 07/23/2009 11:59 am

I'm just done with a cyst that matches exactly with your description. Never in my life have I seen any cyst that can has that much "poisonous blood". My choice is to be brave enough to press, press, and press, squeeze, squeeze and squeeze until no blood comes out. Sounds horrible but it works. It's totally flat now. Knock wood!!!!!

MemberMember
(@meiti)

Posted : 07/23/2009 6:25 pm

Would anyone maybe have some less drastic suggestions? I don't want to riks having a big scar, A have enough scarring on my face already from the acne.

MemberMember
(@lindeezy)

Posted : 07/23/2009 9:01 pm

The only thing I can think of is just leave it alone. Put some kind of makeup over it if it bothers you so much that you can't leave indoors.

Even if you're a guy, i'd still give it a try with the makeup!!

MemberMember
(@konicinap)

Posted : 12/09/2009 11:17 pm

Oh, my goodness! I am also plagued (as of 3 weeks) with a huge cyst (3 1/2 centimeters) on my right cheek. I have been really panicked. I've been to four docs: 2 derms, 1 GP, 1 surgeon. The 1st derm said it could only be cut out but might go away on its own. The GP gave me antibiotics (Bactrim) which made me sick. He also recommended that I use warm compress, pop it and express the contents if it formed a head. The cyst grew larger and my face swole. I went to derm number 2 who gave me a different antibiotic (Keflex). He said I should not use warm compress. Called the notion of doing so stupid but said that I could use a cabbage leaf ( can you believe it) on it if I wanted to. He said to just tape it to my face over night. I DID NOT do it. The surgeon said I should not touch it or have it punctured or lanced while it was so "angry" and that I should take my Keflex and allow it to settle down. On my third day of taking the Keflex and abandoning the Bactrim my cyst broke. I got brave and started to press the contents: mostly white-ish substance of lotion consistency and bright red blood followed by browner blood. Now it is much flatter and I'm somewhat encouraged. The little hole that it made for itself, and that I'm sure I made bigger by pressing) is still open and still drains a little. For several days I kept it rinsed with paroxide, alcohol and witch hazel. Now it keep it lubricated with Neosporin and Vitamin E oil and cover with a bandaid. I'm glad that it is finally small enough to cover with a bandaid. The sore that is still on my face in about the diameter of a car cigarette lighter. It almost looks like I touched my face with one.

I am female and I to struggle with having folks stare (or pretend they're not staring). The bandaid helps me to hide a little. I'm hoping the the opening that is still there will continue to drain, but at this point I have stopped pressing and mashing. It seems to drain nicer if I sleep on the affected side while trying to keep my face from actually pressing against the pillow.

MemberMember
(@stayhealthy1)

Posted : 02/17/2013 3:26 pm

About three years ago i developed a cyst on my left cheek and it seemed to grow in size like half inch but rounded like bump sometimes hard or soft it is blood filled.Sometimes i nic it while shaving and it will continue bleeding if left unchecked. I found that applying Vitamin A over it will reduce the size plus apple cider vinegar with the mother cloud from your local health food store it has to be done everyday.I also started a daily regement of a blood purifier in liquid form to be added to a glass of water use recommendation on bottle also available at health food store .Taking Vitamin A orally too.For a handsome man to be plagued with this is embarrassing but in knowing i have options of natural methods of removal of this cyst besides surgical removal which does not dissolve the root cause

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 02/18/2013 10:09 am

i had this happen to me a few times and after the cyst being on my skin for a year my derm suggested finacea which worked really well and then the second time my derm said to use tazorac or any retinoid and that worked as well. i think it helped to get whatever was left in there out of there.

MemberMember
(@sarsar123)

Posted : 02/18/2013 12:51 pm

I leave mine, but they look like grey scars. I hate them