Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dacrow

regimen for noninflammatory acne?

I was wondering if the DKR works for tons of congested pores/blackheads, because PC salicylic acid and green cream did not work. I'm thinking that if BP ONLY killed bacteria (and had no effect on clogged pores), then anyone who it "worked" for would still be left with clogged pores/blackheads. Since this is not the case, could it work?

Secondly, I can use the full amount of BP without dryness...if I use a little jojoba oil only as a moisturizer. Is this okay? Thanks!

BP isn't really as effective against blackheads and clogged pored and whatnot as it is against other kinds of acne.

And did you go straight to the full dose of BP? How long have you been using it?

BP isn't really as effective against blackheads and clogged pored and whatnot as it is against other kinds of acne.

And did you go straight to the full dose of BP? How long have you been using it?

I've been using full dose BP for 5 days now..as long as I use a tiny bit of jojoba there's absolutely no dryness.

I'd be careful if I were you. I've seen a lot of posts from people that have done the same thing, and then, when the dryness catches up with them (it doesn't always happen right away), they're wishing they'd followed the instructions.

well i do have moisturizer on hand in case, but right now my main concern is whether or not the regimen could work for me because i'm seeing mixed info; on pubmed there's some studies that show BP improves non-inflamed breakouts, as well as a couple other sites, but then the common opinion is that SA is better. SA used to work for me but has not been anymore.

hmm...thanks for posting that link. If this does not work I will def. look into the AHA reccommended. This was interesting:

"Benzoyl peroxide. To further peeling inside the pore, I also recommend benzoyl peroxide. Products like benzoyl peroxide that keep the pores from clogging up in the first place are highly effective in a non-inflamed acne situation. If you can tolerate a 10% benzoyl peroxide, go straight to using a 10% benzoyl peroxide solution. Again, a patch test is a good idea."

so..BP can cause the inside of the pore to peel, like SA according to her.

update: as of now all noninflamed acne is gone, there are two spots healing from where i picked..stupid me, but whatever it's all done once they heal.

If you have noninflamed acne, try the regimen. I lost count of the days but yeah..took less than two weeks to clear it all up.

oh, and i still am not using the moisturizer...just jojoba oil. You sort of have to use a generous amount though..like 10 drops, maybe apply once during the day as well. Otherwise I'm following it exactly.