Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
coolguy

has the third round of accutane done the trick for anyone?

ya so i'm wondering, is there anyone who's gotten rid of their acne with their third round of accutane? and is there anyone who's taken more than 3 rounds? i think i may be taking WAYYY more than 3 rounds of accutane throughout my life. but taht's ok. well my doctor says there's not really a danger so i could continue. this is my accutane log so far.

r1. 2007. 4 months at 40mg.

r2. 2008. 4 months at 40mg.

r3. 2009. 4 months at 40mg. (on my 2nd month now. and i plan to go on 1 pill per week (new strategy this year) after my 4 months are done).

thanks.

I can't tell you yet...I'm currently on my 3rd course at 80mg/day for 4 months...so we'll see but I sure hope so

Each course has made my acne much less severe and this course will hopefully knock the little bit of inflamed and cystic acne i get away

I don't think 4 months is ever really enough time on Accutane.

Also, unless you have issues with side effects, a higher dose would maybe help too. But the length of time is especially important I think.

well my first was 6 months and my second was 5 months and i actually got longer lasting results with my second course...I think all that matters is the dosage once you surpass 4 months...

If your dosage is high enough ie. 80mg/day 4 months should be plenty