Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
homersimpson

Does anyone have a clue why hotdogs make me breakout?

Every damn time a eat a hot dog, or corn dog i break out A LOT the next morning. Im just wondering why?! I freakin love hot dogs and it sucks that i can't eat them =(.

Do you eat them with a bun? Bread can make some people breakout. It makes me get them near the corners of my mouth near the jaw line. Corn dogs are also fried and oily which could make you breakout around your mouth if the oil is not washed off.

Every damn time a eat a hot dog, or corn dog i break out A LOT the next morning. Im just wondering why?! I freakin love hot dogs and it sucks that i can't eat them =(.

it takes few weeks for acne to visibly form... so i assume that it is impossible for something to cause acne to form the next day....

im sure that you would still break even if you dont eat hot dog

hotdogs are made from MRM (mechanicaly reclaimed meat) and as such usually contain alot of junk, such as preservatives and who knows what, it could be that an ingredient that the producers add in is setting off your acne.

Whale: Bread does not make me break out, I eat it daily. Sometimes i have made the wieners alone in a pan with a little bit of oil and BAM, i breakout.

Nutstae: Well then why do i always get lots of pimples the very next day after eating a wiener (lol)?

thanks sammy.

Thank you all actually!

Possibly some ingredient in the meat. Have you tried turkey or all beef hot dogs? Also I do think that you can get a break out from something the next day. Everyone is different and things affect them differently. Some people take weeks to break out, some the next day. Personally I can break out in a couple of days if I eat peanuts or ham or sausage. Its my system and I have done alot of testing with these foods. Elf

I'm wondering if you aren't possibly allergic to the brand or an incredient inside the hotdog? As some have pointed out, Hog Dogs (let alone most of your micrawavable food are made with perseveratives and other brain killing incredients). As someone pointed out, I would try all beef or turkey or some other kind of Hot dog and compare the end results.

Also, Its better to grill or boil your hotdog; Then to Micrawave it (Nuke it). Alot of times, the rayz from the micrawave will activate agents inside the food which can be proved harmful to your body. Actually, especially with acne its better to stay away from all processed or microwavable food all together. You want to keep all potential harmful Toxins away from your body as possible and many of your "easy made" foods contain alot of it. Convient food isn't worth it in the long run.