Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey, i've been reading a lot of posts on how strangers go up to people with acne and give rude comments or suggestions on how to help his/her acne. But for me i rarely get that even though i have pretty severe and noticeable acne. The only comments i get are from people that i know or little kids which i don't mind too much. I probably only get like 2 people max that come up to me per year.

I'm guessing its because i live in a pretty nice community and the people i meet generally don't comment on my face. Even when i went to my college orientation where I had to see new people i got zero comments but i knew i got some stares.

I dunno i guess i just worried that when I start college or get a job somewhere that the comments will start pouring in

nah i dont even think it happens alot. everyone is human, and people look, its human nature. i look at peoples acne myself. if someone says "hey, try takin a shower, your skin will clear" thats obviously meant to be a joke and is ignorant, but if its just you and someone else and they say in a calm voice" hey, i dont mean to be disrespectful, but i had similiar issues as you and this what helped" then thats not so bad.

I guess it might because your personality is so nice that it overwhelms the huge monsters that once in a while appear on your cute face :) Having said that, I don't mean that the rest of us (including me) has a very unpleasant way to express ourselves :) Maybe, it's because we have been intentionally and unintentionally attacked by rude and inconsiderate people so many times that we become kinda self-conscious or "defensive", which actually creates more chances for being attacked :)

Anyway, I hope that your good luck will stay with you all through your life. Even better, I wish your face will be cleared soon so that you'll never have to be ready to cope with embarrassing situations that lots of acne sufferers have gone 'ru :)

nah i dont even think it happens alot. everyone is human, and people look, its human nature. i look at peoples acne myself. if someone says "hey, try takin a shower, your skin will clear" thats obviously meant to be a joke and is ignorant, but if its just you and someone else and they say in a calm voice" hey, i dont mean to be disrespectful, but i had similiar issues as you and this what helped" then thats not so bad.

yahh the comments i get are either one or the another but there's always that one person that wants to be a jerk

I guess it might because your personality is so nice that it overwhelms the huge monsters that once in a while appear on your cute face :) Having said that, I don't mean that the rest of us (including me) has a very unpleasant way to express ourselves :) Maybe, it's because we have been intentionally and unintentionally attacked by rude and inconsiderate people so many times that we become kinda self-conscious or "defensive", which actually creates more chances for being attacked :)

Anyway, I hope that your good luck will stay with you all through your life. Even better, I wish your face will be cleared soon so that you'll never have to be ready to cope with embarrassing situations that lots of acne sufferers have gone 'ru :)

haha thanks =)

It didn't happen to me that often, and I had severe acne. In high school a teacher and one random person asked about it, but no one made jokes. The other time was when I was getting a haircut and my barber asked if I was breaking out (lol). She was pretty nice about it though.