Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i was wonderin, since im strugglin to find a good chap stick that works for me..if anyone else has had the same prob while on accutane. ive been through atleast 8 in 2 months, and just cant seem to find the right one.

I went through the same thing for a while.

But then i found the medicated Chapstick brand. I didnt think it would work that well, but its actually very incredible and soothing.

Have you tried aquaphor? It really is the holy grail of lip balm.

If that doesn't help you could ask your dr. to prescribe something for you. Yeah I know, prescription chapstick, who knew? But it exists. :)

I have tried every chapstick known on these messageboards. All of them are junk except Natural Ice Original SPF15. Best chapstick I have ever used in my life. And the best part about it is.....you can absolutely GOOP it all over your lips if you want and you yourself can't even tell in the mirror that your wearing any. Month 2 so far on 100mg and my lips are the least of the little side effects I do have.

I have tried every chapstick known on these messageboards. All of them are junk except Natural Ice Original SPF15. Best chapstick I have ever used in my life. And the best part about it is.....you can absolutely GOOP it all over your lips if you want and you yourself can't even tell in the mirror that your wearing any. Month 2 so far on 100mg and my lips are the least of the little side effects I do have.

I second this one. It's the same stuff I use. I buy mine on drugstore.com and it's the highest rated chapstick on that site as well. I've never tried aquaphor before but I don't really need to with this stuff.

If you've tried Aquaphor and it doesn't cut it for you, try Nivea A Kiss of Moisture. It's a chapstick that has jojoba oil, castor oil, and grape seed oil (I think) and is incredibly moisturizing. It was only a few bucks, and I find it lasts longer than Aquaphor, though I will use whichever I have on me.

thansk guys

i use the traditional "chapstick" as in thats the name of it..and dont help much. but thanks again

i haven't tried a lot of these but what i have been doing is using burt's bees pomegranate lip balm and then at night i just put vaseline on my lips and it seems to be doing the job so far (i have a vaseline lip balm too but it is just vaseline with a cherry flavor so i am just using regular vaseline at night). before i started using vaseline before i went to bed the past couple nights when i woke up my lips were pretty dry but since then everything is fine.

I had major lip issues. NeoStrata lip conditioner has been the best. Then Dr. Dan's corti-balm (balm for accutane users). Also, using clotrimazole cream (lotrimin) for the corners of my mouth (the stuff for athlete's foot). They are getting better.

I had major lip issues. NeoStrata lip conditioner has been the best. Then Dr. Dan's corti-balm (balm for accutane users). Also, using clotrimazole cream (lotrimin) for the corners of my mouth (the stuff for athlete's foot). They are getting better.

Use vaseline at night, (it will make your lips shiny so don't use it during the day), then use an avveno chap stick. When I used to use the chap stick brand, I would break out around my mouth because it clogs pores.

Has anyone else used Neosporin Lip Treatment. I buy it from CVS in the aisle where all the chap-stick's are. It works great for me. I've tried Carmex and regular chapstick but the Neosporin Lip Treatment works way better. U should try it out. I think it cost around 4 dollars. They don't sell it at Wal-greens for some reason, I've only been able to find it at CVS...