Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GodsWill

Insurance and Accutane

When i went to pick up my4th prescription for Accutane, they said I already met my $1200 limit for the year (partly due to Yaz).

And i received a letter not to long ago saying that my doctor visit limit has been exceeded too. I have TriCare through the army as well but Im not sure if it will pick much up. It did cover the prescription cost (went from $240 down to $3, but idk how much more it will cover since i hardly ever use it)

Has anyone else exceeded their insurance limits??

I have no insurance so I pay for my tane out of pocket. I know this isn't the answer your looking for, but if you find yourself having to pay out of pocket... @ walgreens if you buy the perscription savings card for $20 (it will be good for Rx discounts for a year) the cost of claravis which is the generic, goes from $240 to $170. The savings card might even cover Yaz...

I hope you find an answer to your question. I hope you don't have to pay outa pocket. But if you do I hope this helps you (:

best of luck

Stevie

Oh ok. thanks, I'll probably look into that soon.

I am paying $70 out of pocket for my derm appointment every month now. At least I'm near the end.

Are you active duty? Or enrolled in DEERS, or Prime? I've never heard of exceeding any sort of limit. I'm covered by Prime and I've never received any sort of notice like that, but then again I haven't reached that amount this year, I'm sure. And do you go to a civilian derma or a military one? That might make a difference.

Are you active duty? Or enrolled in DEERS, or Prime? I've never heard of exceeding any sort of limit. I'm covered by Prime and I've never received any sort of notice like that, but then again I haven't reached that amount this year, I'm sure. And do you go to a civilian derma or a military one? That might make a difference.

Im a dependent. I can see any doctor I want on both insurances I have, so i see a civilian one. And I got my bill for my appointment today, and TriCare picked up fifty something dollars for my doctor visits so hopefully it'll keep doing that.

Hmm, I'm a dependent also. I haven't heard of exceeding a limit, so I may have to check on that! I would hate to be almost done with my course and be slapped with a fat bill. :( Military insurance seriously confuses me. But my GP is a civilian, but for everything else, including my derma, I go to the Navy hospital.