Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
aisforapple

Dear Acne, ihateyou.

So my mom just gave me the ok to order my first kit of the DKR and I did just a few minutes ago.

I'm hoping for good results but at the same time I'm going to try to not expect too much!

Okay, I'll start off with a little info about me.

I'm 17 years old and I'm going to be a senior this year!(Yay! and Yikes!)

I've had acne since the 6th grade so that means I've had a pizza face for about six years now.

From the time I started breaking out to now I feel like I've tried just about everything that anyones suggested; perscription, otc, special orders, even seaweed facials! And obviously none of them have worked so now I'm here, ready to take the leap after stalking this website for forever!

My goal is to have clear skin by the time I move away to a university! It's my one chance for a fresh start and I'd really, REALLY love to go in confident and ready to show people my personallity and not some killer zits I've gathered from high school.

So wish me luck! I have a feeling that I'll need it! :redface:

Edited by aisforapple

Got my stuff in the mail today and I can't wait to get started! (But I will because I really want to get things right!)

I'm a little nervous at what is to come. I know that it's supposed to get worst before it gets better but I just wish I could fast forward to the better part. I would really hate to have to hide for the next few weeks. School starts in under a month for me and I have a TON of things to do before then. And I've really delayed my senior picture but I just really want my skin to settle down just a bit before then. Is that too much to ask?

Anyways I guess at this point I'm just praying for a miracle. Today one of my mom's friends commented on my acne. Great. Way to make me happy. I'm just sick of people pointing out things I already know about myself. I have crappy skin. I get it and I'm trying as hard as I can to get rid of it. If you don't like it think of how I feel. Blegh, now I'm just ranting!

So my face has been itching all day and I'm kinda freaking out about it. Should I wait till it stops to start the regimen? I don't think I'm going to just because I want to get this show on the road. I've really broken out in this last week and I have NO idea why. I really haven't changed anything about my routine(yet) so why is my face freaking out? Does the acne know that I'm out to kill it once and for all? Is it putting up a fight? Do I sound like a complete babbling idiot?

....yep. :whistle:

Good luck! I had the misfortune of having my worst breakout of all time right before senior year started. The acne covered every inch of my complexion... like you said, a 'pizza face'... :surprised: Everyone I knew was asking me what in the world happened.

One word of advice... whatever you do, stick with your regimen. Even if it seems like it's not really working for two, even three weeks... just stay the course. Some acne lies 'dormant' under the skin for up to a month before it becomes visible, so don't let that dissuade you. Plus nothing is worse for the skin than constantly switching between regimens.

Also, I'm sure you've heard this one a million times before... :shifty:

But make sure you touch your face as little as possible. Be super-gentle with applying the topicals, and whatever you do, resist the urge to scratch or pick at your acne, or even your skin in general.

Once again, good luck! I'm sure your face will get heaps better within the next couple months, and then you'll be looking your best for senior pics, prom and graduation!

@ whathavewehere ~ Thanks for the advise! (And really, I can never have too much advise.) And don't worry, I plan to stick to the DKR until I get clear! If I can stick to Proactiv for 2 years(that was a waste), 3 months will be cake! I most def need to be reminded not to pick because I've develeped a horrible habit of scratching at my face(and my pictures WILL show it). Thanks for the encouragement!

Okay so I just finished putting on my BP and what I've done so far is as follows:

1 pump Acne.org cleanser

Wait 5 minutes

1/2 pump Acne.org BP

And now I'm waiting to put on the moisturizer. So far so good. The BP isn't really drying my skin out and actually made my itchiness go away. But I'm not going to conclude anything just yet. I don't want to jinx myself!

And right now I'm having an internal argument on whether to post my progress pictures(or even taking them). Just right now I really feel like my skin looks HORRIBLE. Seriously, this big old zit on my forehead just grew a siamese twin. Why do my pimples breed like rabbits?

EDIT: Okay so I just moisturized(1 pump Acne.org) and I feel like I used WAY too much. It took about 7 minutes of spreading to get it to a point where there wasn't any bits of product on my face. Like I said, after the BP my face wasn't really that dry and right now my face feels a bit like I put a buch of Vaseline on it. Is this normal? I kinda want to cut back on the moisturizer just because I don't want my skin to get all oily(I have an oily t-zone). Is that okay or should I just stick to the one pump?

hi,,

i m no expert but, i had the same problem. i guess its normal. i have been on dkr for 1 week now..

you mite want to read about jojoba oil. i think that did the trick for me. or may be my skin got used to it.

8 days on dkr... ihateacnay2

@ july 17 09 - Really? Well that's strange. I would guess this regimen would dry skin rather than over moisturize it? And isn't jojoba supposed to add MORE moisture? Because believe me, my skin has enough of that(and I live in Colorado!).

I woke up this morning with the moisturizer still not set in. My face hasn't been that shiny since about a month ago. And I know it's not sweat because I slept with my window open and the nights here are really cool. Especially with all the rain that's been pouring in. So this morning when I did my routine I cut back on my moisturizer and that did help out. But something that's bothering me is that the BP didn't really have a drying effect on my skin. I accidentily lost track of time after applying the BP and 20 minutes after my skin felt perfectly fine, nothing felt dry or tight just.....normal. Should I take this as a sign to amp my BP from the1/3 pump to maybe 3/4 pump? Or should I just stick with 1/2 for the whole week? All feedback is appreciated!

Yay day 3!

I'm happy to say that I still barely have any drying or flaking at all. Plus I've figured out how much moisturizer I need to keep my skin happy. The only thing really is the itchiness which is driving me crazy! I know I'm not supposed to pick and it takes every bit of strength just cause it's just so darn itchy!

A few new big old zits have appeared on my face but honestly, they're not new to me. I've felt them growing in for a while ever since I started breaking out for no reason about a week ago. I feel a little guilty that I popped a few but that's only because I was going out and I really can't go out with white dots all over my face. My self esteem is low enough without people staring at my face constantly! At this point there's nothing really I can do about it so I'm just going to accept that I'm breaking out and have an ichy face. I'm just going to hope that things will look up for me within the next few weeks and then I won't even remember this!

Guys, what are these threads about - Personal anti-acne regimen logs , Personal regimen logs, Acne.org Regimen logs ? Can anyone pls explain?

Guys, what are these threads about - Personal anti-acne regimen logs , Personal regimen logs, Acne.org Regimen logs ? Can anyone pls explain?

Logs are where people track their progress with whatever treatment they're using.

The Acne.org Regimen logs are for people using the Acne.org Regimen. Accutane logs are for people on Accutane, etc. The Personal Regimen logs board is for logs that don't fit in any of the specific log boards.

Logs are where people track their progress with whatever treatment they're using.

The Acne.org Regimen logs are for people using the Acne.org Regimen. Accutane logs are for people on Accutane, etc. The Personal Regimen logs board is for logs that don't fit in any of the specific log boards.

Ok..Is it about sharing whatever products we used for curing acne? Can i post my experience in Personal Regimen logs board ?

Ok..Is it about sharing whatever products we used for curing acne? Can i post my experience in Personal Regimen logs board ?

Yeah, most of the logs are about people logging their progress with whatever they're using now but I don't see the harm in posting about past experiences. =)

Day 4 ~

I know I'm posting way too much but I just kinda need a place to vent where I'm not being judged. I felt so uncomfortable because I have a bunch of pimples that are hard to cover with make up and I think the make up made them look worse. And leaving the house without it on is just not an option for me. I just felt bad because I was hanging with my friends today and they all have nice skin while I'm stuck with all kinds of gross bumps everywhere. I feel so uncomfortable sitting near people because I'm afraid that they're staring at my zits. No one here has acne as bad as I do it seems.

New pimples keep popping up by the minute and they ALL itch like crazy. At this point, I don't know if I'd rather take the peeling than the itching. And on top of that a few of my pimples are really, REALLY sore. I have a lot of things to do but I asked my mom if I could stay home tomorrow because I really don't want to irritate my skin more by having to pop all the white stuff and then compressing them with cover up. Ugh, I just feel miserable right now. It's taking all my strength not to scratch the crap out of my face because it feels a bit like it's on fire right now. This is normal, right?

hi,

i guess i started my regimen little bit earlier than you. i am on my day 11. from my experience so far everything you are saying is very normal. i understand what you are going through because i am going through it as well. i just had 2 big zits rite below my lips and i picked on it.(couldnt help it, they were so big).

my face has been looking like i got a bad sun burn. it itches and everytime i sweat it burns.(i am soldier, currently in iraq, it is 120 degrees avg.)

one suggestion, moistorizor helps a lot reducing the burn. its true your face looks shiny but i prefer that over the burning pain.

i m using: massage with 8-10 drops of jojoba oil

1 pump cleanser

1.5 pump bp with 2-3 drops of jojoba oil

1 pump moisturizor with 6-8 drops of jojoba oil

basically i use a lot of jojoba oil. i am not sure if that is good for the regimen but definetly good to reduce the flaking, inching, burning, drying etc..

@ july 17 09 ~ I can most definently relate to the picking. Sometimes those suckers just leave me no choice! Gosh seriously?! 120 degrees?! I think I would just die. Lucky for me the summer here has been strangely cool thanks to all the rain/thunder storms. And I haven't really had too much of a burning sensation, mostly just itchy and sore in really little areas. And the thing with the jojoba for me is money. I have school coming really fast and I still have a butt load of things to buy so I kinda want to refrain from buying it unless I REALLY have to. I mean, I can deal with the itching because it usually goes away within a couple of hours after application. Thanks for the tip though! I'll definintly use jojoba if it comes down to it! Good luck to you in Iraq!!!

Day 6 ~

Well things have calmed down in the itching department! I'm happy to report that the 3 biggest pimples I had have now shrunken down and are barely noticible with make up on. A few new ones have popped up, but they're not too much of a big deal(mostly because they aren't the sore types). I hope I they don't turn into monsters by tomarrow morning! (Did I just jynx myself?)

But the biggest thing that's changed is that I bumped up my BP dosage to 1 full pump....yesterday. Now I know I'm supposed to wait a week but I really felt that it was okay to because to my understanding the gradual increase is to decrease the side effects. Now other than the itching, I had none. Not much redness(well, same as before), no burning, and no flaking. So I went ahead and moved up.

I woke up this morning and had a little bit of a flaky chin but really, it wasn't a big deal. Then after my morning treatment I had a little bit more but more of the moisturizer took care of that. Maybe it's because I've had serious flake-age before(it was in the winter, with a perscription topical) that a little flaking doesn't bother me now. But other than that, nothings really changed side-effect wise. I don't feel buring and the itching has really gone down! I hope things just get better from here!

Day 8 ~

Okay remember when I said that the flaking wasn't that bad? It got worse. Why do I keep jynxing myself?

The flaking isn't UNBEARABLE, but I could do without it. It's mostly on my chin and the area around my mouth. Moisturizer helps just a little now so I'm thinking of buying jojoba. I don't know if I'm going to buy it off the Net just yet though. They should have some at Whole Foods right?

Well, aside from flakage there's not too much change. My bigger pimples have shruken down a lot now but new zits continue to grow in. They're the kind that you feel more than you can see. I'll see how they develop and post back!

Day 10 ~

A all of the really big zits, except one, have shruken down to skin level! I'm still getting a few little whiteheads here and there but they're going away faster, as I understand they should. I do have one new cystic pimple on my nose that makes it really shiny and really red. I've noticed that the tiny pimples on my forehead have started to go away so that's a plus. Compared to the picture that I took last week, my skin looks better! Not by too much but better none the less.

Unfortunately I can't show you guys due to the fact I accidentily deleted them while trying to transfer the pics onto my computer. :whistle:

But anywho, the flaking has gotten much better since I bought jojoba oil. I got a good deal on it(well, I think it was) and so far, it's working out pretty well. I use it before cleansing and with moisturizer. Surprisingly, it didn't make my skin as oily/shiny as I thought it would so it's a win/win for me!

Tomorrow's my first school event and I'm kinda nervous just because I want to be outgoing but am held back by my self confidence. It most def went down today when yet ANOTHER person pointed out that "things" are growing on my face. Cool.....not! But I built it up when I got home by doing my hair(am I the only one who does that?) and I think that I'm ready to go with pride! Wish me luck!

Day 14 ~

Well I amped up to 1 and a half pumps of BP on Thursday and things seem to be going well. I'm still flaking but I can control it now with the jojoba. And I noticied that though I do feel like I'm clearing up, the texture of my skin is getting.....weird. In some places my skin feels kinda scaley and hard but I'm guessing that just comes with the regimen? I don't know.

So there's really not much change. Pimples are going down but a couple small ones do pop up every once in a while. But over all I do feel like the intensity of my acne is going down. Tomorrow I have Warped Tour so I'm going to take some extra precautions and wear a bunch of sunscreen!

Day 17 ~

Ok so still not much has changed. Old acne deminishes as new ones appear. I have two really big zits but they're not the worst I've ever had. I'm just trying to ignore it and pretend that I'm confident with my skin. It's all about faking it!

But overall I'm glad that I'm on the DKR. Though I haven't noticed any major changes with my actual acne, I have noticed that my pores look smaller. I don't know if that's because of the drying situation or what but it's an awesome bonus. And the BP drying is bomb for my oily skin! I do still get flakes but jojoba is great with that. :)

hi aisforapple,

i am glad u r still on dkr. i will hit my 1 month mark this 17th but i have yet to see any changes.

you seem to be doing good.. good luck and keep going and keep us updated..

@july 17 09 ~ Wow 1 month! That's awesome! I'm sure good things will come to you soon! Hopefully both you and me will be cleared up by this regimen! I want nothing more than to say I used to have acne. Thanks so much for your support!

Day 21 ~

So I amped up to the full two pumps on Thursday(today's Saturday) and not too much has changed. I am still getting whiteheads and I got one of the painful ones the other day but it's going away on it's own. Most, if not all of my smaller acne has cleared up but I do still have lots of big ones. Red marks have no changes to them but I do feel like my scars are blending in with my skin more!

I do still flake and it's at its worst right after I wash my face. Jojoba does help with that though. I don't have really any itching or any pain but I did noticed the redness in my face. It's not extremely bad but it does make my face and neck very uneven. It kinda looks like I'm wearing a pinkish makeup when I'm not? I don't know, hopefully that fades with time.

Other than that I have nothing! This week is my first week back at school plus my birthday! Yay!!! Hopefully my skin calms down even the slightest for this week!

@july 17 09 ~ Wow 1 month! That's awesome! I'm sure good things will come to you soon! Hopefully both you and me will be cleared up by this regimen! I want nothing more than to say I used to have acne. Thanks so much for your support!

Day 21 ~

So I amped up to the full two pumps on Thursday(today's Saturday) and not too much has changed. I am still getting whiteheads and I got one of the painful ones the other day but it's going away on it's own. Most, if not all of my smaller acne has cleared up but I do still have lots of big ones. Red marks have no changes to them but I do feel like my scars are blending in with my skin more!

I do still flake and it's at its worst right after I wash my face. Jojoba does help with that though. I don't have really any itching or any pain but I did noticed the redness in my face. It's not extremely bad but it does make my face and neck very uneven. It kinda looks like I'm wearing a pinkish makeup when I'm not? I don't know, hopefully that fades with time.

Other than that I have nothing! This week is my first week back at school plus my birthday! Yay!!! Hopefully my skin calms down even the slightest for this week!

I'm rooting for you! =)

@Hooray it's Henry ~ Aww, thanks so much! =)

Day 24 ~

Still not too much change. I'm still getting little zits everywhere while the bigger ones fade. I know I kinda sound like a broken record but that's kinda all I have to report!

My senior pics are scheduled for sometime in September so I'm praying for a miracle! Hopefully things calm down by then. Now I know my pimples like to party but come on, give it a rest!

Now through everything I think that the thing I'm having the most trouble with is my makeup. I use liquid foundation from Clinique and it's just sooooo hard to get the right shade because my face is really pink compared to the light yellow of my neck and chest. I don't know if I'm going to have to change again because even with using the lightest tone my face still comes out really dark compared to the rest of my body! I don't know if it's because the makeups too dark or if it's too sheer and more of my natural skin shows up. I don't know but I hope I can figure this mystery out soon because it's really embarrassing to go out looking like I have a mask on with a face full of acne! D=

to apple..

i just received my 2nd month of supply and a travel pack coz i will be coming home soon... although i am still getting -zits big n small.. i think my skin is used to the bp(finally) its not red anymore. so thats the good news. i am not giving up on this..

happy b'day to you and good luck in your school. don give up, keep posting, the hard part( 1st 2 weeks) is done so, keep on it n one we will be clear as well..

----------tc

The hard scaly feeling is completely normal -- it's your skin getting used to the BP. As far as the moisturizer goes, even though you said your face was really shiny when you woke up, don't stop using it. If you stop, you'll have to restart the whole regime over (learned the hard way). Also, be sure to drink a lot of water, and wash your pillowcases at least every three days (to keep built-up oils and dirt from getting on your face).

You'll go through some frustration, but trust me -- it's COMPLETELY worth it. My skin was horrible -- I'm not going to describe it, because it sounds like you already know how it feels. I kept up with the regime and now my skin is the clearest it's ever been. You can do it! We're all rooting for you!

@july 17 09 ~ That's great to hear! I'm glad that you're so determined! Hopefully both of us can become some acne.org success stories! Thanks so much for all the kind words! =)

@The Girl ~ Cool, good to know! It's kind of a relief to know that I'm not the only one going through these things. No one I'm close to really has acne like me. =/

And it's not that I've stopped using the moisturizer, heavens no! I'm just cutting back on it and using a bit more jojoba instead. As for the water and pillow case things, I already have tried that with not much luck. Old habits die hard I guess but I'll try to make it happen!

I'm sooo glad it worked out for you, I love success stories!