Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cnswim

Never had non-inflamed until now. . .

Over the past few years I've had more trouble with inflamed acne in my T-zone. Most of that has cleared up and I don't have much of a problem with it anymore. I went through several drugstore brands, then proactive, a derm's prescribed benzaclin and differin .01 -later differin .03. My problem is, my cheeks have always been almost perfect until about a year ago when I started getting these fleshy bumps on them. I do have a few blackheads here and there, mostly by my nose, but these dominate my cheeks. I was reading a lot about folliculitus and was concerned it might be that? My school doesn't have air conditioning and it can get quite hot and humid in the fall and spring . . . curiously spring is when I developed these little monsters. Not much comes out if i squeeze, a little bit of white junk and then it just comes back the next day. They never disappear but never get bigger. I'm quite frustrated and thinking what my next step should be? The derm just moved me up to a higher retinoid, retin-a, when I went last but it just made my skin hurt and red all the time and just went to the "acne-free" system which is low maintenance

*Edit- I am on Yaz, and it hasn't really helped the current problem, but i have had even less inflamed/cystic shenanigans . . .

post-42410-1248320947_thumb.jpg

post-42410-1248320956_thumb.jpg

post-42410-1248320962_thumb.jpg

post-42410-1248320947_thumb.jpg

post-42410-1248320956_thumb.jpg

post-42410-1248320962_thumb.jpg

Differin really helped me with my non-inflamed acne, maybe look back into a Retin-A, I started out by using a very small amount once, every other day and then worked my way up. Another thing you could try is a good BHA, Paulas Choice is the best IMO.