Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ShadowX

Pimples are getting HUUGE?!!!! What's going on?? [pics inside]

I bet tons of people will get in just to see the pictures.

I really don't want to show you the pictures as they are disgusting but oh well, I need help.

My typical acne problems is having pimples from time to time, 90% of the time on my cheek, below the eyes, next to nose. My pimples have always been big. They transform from blackheads (like the ones on first picture) to big pimples (like the one on second picture).

In fact, I can feel the blackheads on the first picture (which I took minutes ago) ready to become pimples...its getting red. I bet it will be large like the many others that I had......actually I hope it will be as big if not bigger. Here's the story:

I have this pimple in a very weird spot, between my eyes. The problem is that it's HUUUGE (picture #4....disgusting I know sorry). Whenever I look at it, I ask myself if an alien will come out of it. I believe they are 2-3 pimples glued together and thats why its big. This is the second time it has happened to me.

The first time was exactly two years ago. They were exactly 3 located exactly between my eyes. It took around 3-4 weeks to finally reduce its size. However, the one I have today is leaning toward my left eye.

The one on my forehead as you can see looks small. However, today, after I finished watching a movie, I went to the bathroom and I saw my skin around it growing. If you look closely at picture #3, you will see a bump. You can also see it in pic#4

My questions: What the heck is going on ??!! First, I would like to know why my pimples are usually large (like in picture #2, bottom pimple). Second, why these two pimples are so MUCH larger (pic 3 and 4)?

Here's what I'm currently doing to speed up the process (my best friend's birthday is this saturday) : Yesterday, I bought the following: Noni juice, aloe vera juice, vitamin C 500mg per tablet (I'm taking 2 a day), Omega 3 (ratio 3:1 EPA/DHA) and my usual multi-vitmain. In the morning, I do the baking soda +ACV routine. At night, I do the egg+lemon mask. Then, right before sleeping, I apply Mandelic acid on the pimple itself as well (I believe it helped me tremendously). Also during the day, I apply BP but it doesn't seem to do anything.

Please help! Luckily I wear glasses which covers the pimple next to my eye.....I'm actually wondering if the glasses are to blame?

Pictures:

post-36200-1248318868_thumb.jpg

post-36200-1248319165_thumb.jpg

post-36200-1248319976_thumb.jpg

post-36200-1248319985_thumb.jpg

post-36200-1248318868_thumb.jpg

post-36200-1248319165_thumb.jpg

post-36200-1248319976_thumb.jpg

post-36200-1248319985_thumb.jpg

Have you been picking at your face at all? Mine gets like that after I pick. If I were you, I'd try an NSAID for the swelling (with food to avoid stomach upset and follow dose on bottle,) and a little ice. I'd also use a gentle cleaner followed by some kind of antibiotic topical like Polysporin. The increased size in your pimples probably has something to do with an increased blood flow to your skin of your face, perhaps due to increased ambient temperature or even exercise. Or, on the other hand, it could be due to increased bacteria in your pores, which would elicit an increased immune response, leading to more swelling, redness, pain, etc. Good luck.

I feel your pain bro, I go throug the same stuff. I'm on Accutane now because I got so frustrated..but i know what you have going on.

I'm not a Dr. but have researched this stuff and have had a lot of Dr. visits that have educated me on this.

You suffer from 'cystic nodular acne' they're not typical pimples they're acne cysts that start deep beneath the skin down in your oil gland. I'll bet you know when one is coming, you can see the lump under your skin before it turns red.

I have tried everything under the sun and unfortunatly nothing seems to speed up the heeling process of those damn things. Most of the masks and crap just aggrevate it..tried all the goofy stuff on the net, ice, egg, toothpaste..nothing will do it..even hot water or compress. Not for a cyst.

Have you ever been to a dermatologist? If not you absolutly need to get in there for treatments that can help you get on feeling better.

In a pinch if you want a big pomple/cyst to be gone the next day, get into a dermatologists office and get a 'acne cyst injection'

They shoot come cortisteroid into the cyst and it melts away in like a day. Beware it hurts kinda bad, but worth it. Find out the cost cuz the last one I hadset me back $160.00

I wasnt told that till after the shot!

Good luck,

Joe

Thanks for the replies.

I forgot to mention that I'm applying ice on them as well.

yellowapple, I wish I have a NSAID product. Not sure if they are available over the counter. Around April, I went to see a dermatologist and he gave me on; a month supply. However, I only got 2-3 pimples that month and they weren't big. Not sure if its a coincedance or if the pills played a role. I think its the latter.

Is it really safe to apply polysporin on pimples? If so, which one should I get, I went to their site and the first 5 seem to be the same (excluding the 3rd)

http://www.polysporin.ca/en/products.asp

As for picking my face, yes, I do sometimes :( but only on the side of my faces, next to sideburns.

joey, It takes months before being able to see a dermatologist but nevertheless, I will take an appointement soon. Although I didn't like him. He was already prescribing me something, only 10 secondes after I sat down. He barley looked at my face. However, as mentioned, I believe what he gave me helped. I will need another one.

I've been thinking. For the past 10 days, I've been eating a lot of peanuts due to their high calories, because I've been trying to gain weight by lifting weights and eating a lot. Could I be allergic? Although when your allgeric, doesn't it happen like overnight? Another thing is that I've been eating a lot of peanut butter for years but nothing has happened to me; as you know, peanut butter is dervied from peanuts.

Nope, acne is not a symptom of an allergy. And "NSAID" stands for non-steriodal anti-inflammatory drugs, which are your Aleve, Ibuprofen, Advil... those kinds of things. All available over the counter.