Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wide_eyed

Are you keeping an accutane log?

I was just wondering, out of the people who are tracking their Accutane journey through an Accutane log on the org, have you told any of your friends or family about it? Would you let anyone in your life read what you have been going through?

Yesterday I was talking to my ex, and he said that I should be keeping note of how I am feeling, and how my skin is going, to make sure that I don't become depressed from being on Accutane (He was on it a couple of years back, and got quite down). I said that I was already keeping a blog, and that I had it all under-control. I really find blogging such a good way to vent everything, and perhaps stop depression from really taking hold, because there are so many people on the org going through exactly the same thing and who can inspire you to keep going with the treatment. I don't think I would let anyone else read it though. Not if they have never experienced bad skin anyway. Plus it's not the most interesting read- descriptions and locations of new actives etc. Hawwwwwtt. :ninja:

I think it's a lot easier to chat to people that you have never met about insecurities and other problems that you may have, than people you see every day. Peace.

this is very true. they only people that have read my journal is the people here at acne.org but no one else know. i think keeping a log is the best ideo while taking accutane because if its not your family then people from acne.org will always tell you when youre depressed or when something is not rght.

My family and girlfriend know that I am on accutane. They are definitely aware of the side effects and they don't really want me to take it, but are still supportive. I have not told them about my log though. It's like a diary and I feel like it should only be seen by myself. Anonymous people who don't know me but who carry the same affliction are okay though =)

My family knows about my Accutane, and I keep them updated about how I'm feeling, but they don't read my log. Frankly, I feel like my family practically e-stalks me anyway, reading my blogspot and my Myspace. I like having this little corner of the web somewhat private, because acne is a very personal and vulnerable subject. It's nice to have a little anonymity.

And like you said, I doubt that anyone who hasn't suffered from severe acne would find these logs too interesting.

If I had an accutane log, I would only let someone who was extremely close to me read it. I wouldn't have a problem sharing it here. There are members here with more experience and helpful advice than in the real world, so that's why it's not a big deal sharing my feelings with them.