Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Survivor540

Ok ladies; Who else is annoyed with the OTHER skin curses?

I felt like I should post a thread all about the skin concerns other than acne that we have to deal with. Personally I'm fed up of cellulite when I'm athletic and slim, and also stretch marks (I went through a growth spurt and now I'm afraid to show my thighs).

So vent here about how annoying other skin problems are, and if you have any remedies post them!

Here is one personal remedy: I used to have eczema really terrible as a child. My grandmother told me this remedy: Rub olive oil and noxzema on the flares up, and also drink a spoonful of cod liver oil and olive oil everyday until its gone. I haven't had a flare up since!

Post away!

i have stretch marks on the sides of my lower stomach. i used to really hate them, but now i've made peace with them.

what does bug me is my acne scars on my face and scars that i get from huge bug bites. lol.

I felt like I should post a thread all about the skin concerns other than acne that we have to deal with. Personally I'm fed up of cellulite when I'm athletic and slim, and also stretch marks (I went through a growth spurt and now I'm afraid to show my thighs).

So vent here about how annoying other skin problems are, and if you have any remedies post them!

Here is one personal remedy: I used to have eczema really terrible as a child. My grandmother told me this remedy: Rub olive oil and noxzema on the flares up, and also drink a spoonful of cod liver oil and olive oil everyday until its gone. I haven't had a flare up since!

Post away!

Yep!! I'm a size 2 and I have stretch marks and cellulite. I have stretch marks on my butt, hips, thighs, calves, even the sides of my knees!!! Mainly from a growth spurt in puberty. I'm brown-skinned, so my stretch marks are WHITE and look ridiculous. People are sometimes like, "Wow, did you have knee surgery?" And I really love (sarcasm) being like, "Nope it's a stretch mark." :boohoo:

For the cellulite, I dry brush before every shower, and it's reduced (not eliminated, but definitely reduced) it. After I dry brush and shower, I use either straight-up jojoba or grapeseed oil instead of lotion and I massage it in, focusing on my "trouble spots". Even if it doesn't help the stretch marks or cellulite, it makes me feel better to be "doing" something about it!!

I have eczema on my elbows and knees. Thankfully, I found a way to tame (unrefined shea butter) this so it doesnt bother me anymore.

Guest Rocky666

Same here, I used to be like 140 lbs. when I was 14 and now at 19 I'm 100 lbs and I'm pretty happy with the way I look but going from a size 10 in little girls to like a 9 in womens killed me emotionally and mentally, I got such horrible stretch marks on my sides, upper thigh, under my butt, calves, and in-between my thighs, and 5 years later they don't bother me nearly as much as they used to, now my breakouts seem to be the cause of my stress now a days.

I've got lots of stretch marks from having the evil spawn. Like den_den, I've made peace with them.

I have scars (the acne ones on my face bother me--the body ones don't), cellulite (even though I'm skinny), varicose veins (tiny...for now), and dandruff that won't be tamed. I don't do anything to treat all of those except for the dandruff/scalp problem but haven't found anything that works. :boohoo:

I used to have bad acne but fine now w/ the DKRegimen. Also used to get bad eczema on my lower arms and hands (my hands would bleed!) but tamed that by changing my hand soap to a ph balanced skin cleanser (see my signature).

I have stretch marks too on my upper thighs. I no longer have acne but I think years of using prescription creams has made my skin quite sensitive. Nowadays when the weather changes drastically, my face will have some red blotchy dry skin. But a little steriod cream helps.

Good idea for a thread!

Anyway I used to have eczema and it was the main source of all my stress. It was on my wrists and iner elbow and i didn't wear a short sleeve shirt for the longest time (even when it was warm enough too) I am so THANKFUL I dont have to deal witht he for the most part anymore

Also, the skin on my legs sucks! I guess I have reeeaaaalllllyyy sensitive skin and when I shave my legs would(/still kinda do) get extremely itchy, no anti itch cream or moisturizer would/will help.....i would often wake up realizing that I had scratched parts of my skin raw :S.....I didn't wear shorts once to high school.......now my skin is getting better but I still have alot of scars(dotted white spots where every piece of hair grows) and very uneven skin tone....so sometimes I will put a bit of tinted moisturizer on my legs and that helps even my legs up a bit.

This might not sound like a big deal but it was pretty much traumatizing for me as I really wanted to wear shorts!! and my destroyed skin was the only thing holding my back :( (im not over weight and so that wasn't stopping me as it might have been the reason some people might not want to wear shorts)

Do stretch marks ever go away? I too have brown skin and they look ridiculous on me...

Unfortunately, no. The "brightness" eventually fades, but they don't go away.

Yep, I can relate. I'm a size 2 and I still have stretch marks on my hips and thighs from going though puberty. I'm at the point where I've kind of made peace with them. They're less noticeable when I'm pale, which is a plus for staying out of the sun.

I have some pretty heinous scars on my leg from surgeries, which I have not made peace with (kind of hard if every time you wear a dress or skirt you have to field comments like "Oh my god, what happened to you?!") and I'm trying to at least fade a little.

Guest missyjean130

I have tons of moles spread out on my body.They just look like freckles,not raised to much.They piss me off though. I counted 7 moles on my right arm alone and I even got one on my va jay jay if I'm allowed to tell you that.

I used to have bad freckles when I was younger,but since becoming an anti-sun fanatic they're like...gone :think:

I also have cellulite on my ass. I'm like,115 lbs but my ass is where all my weight is.

I wish I could chop off some of my booty and plop it on my chest.

Too lazy to exercise.

I have extremely stubborn KP on both of my upper arms. I use an AHA exfoliant once a week which has been helping, but I have yet to discover a real solution.

I have extremely stubborn KP on both of my upper arms. I use an AHA exfoliant once a week which has been helping, but I have yet to discover a real solution.

I dunno if you have tried it, but my mother used have really bad KP on her arms too and she put straight coconut oil on it a few times. It's never come back since! When I had just a little bit (not too bad) Cetaphil lotion got rid of it. Good luck though with the AHA, good to hear its helping!

I wish I could chop off some of my booty and plop it on my chest.

lol. it would be nice if i could have more booty. i feel like i used to have more cushion back there, but now i don't know where it all went. maybe to my hips.

I dunno if you have tried it, but my mother used have really bad KP on her arms too and she put straight coconut oil on it a few times. It's never come back since! When I had just a little bit (not too bad) Cetaphil lotion got rid of it. Good luck though with the AHA, good to hear its helping!

Hmm I might look into coconut oil. I use Cetaphil lotion after I exfoliate and it kinda helps. :/

Yep!! I'm a size 2 and I have stretch marks and cellulite. I have stretch marks on my butt, hips, thighs, calves, even the sides of my knees!!! Mainly from a growth spurt in puberty. I'm brown-skinned, so my stretch marks are WHITE and look ridiculous. People are sometimes like, "Wow, did you have knee surgery?" And I really love (sarcasm) being like, "Nope it's a stretch mark." :boohoo:

hahaha same here! i've never weighed more than 120 but i have stretch marks on my boobs and bum from changing my birth control pills...one pill makes them really big really fast, another pill makes them go away really fast. haha

Post away!

I'm so glad you started this thread! Sometimes it's comforting just to be able to vent. :) On top of acne, I also have rosacea, KP on my upper arms, broken capillaries and tiny cherry angiomas on my chest that are harmless but ugly and keep me from wearing v-necks, and for some reason, when I shave my legs, it makes them incredibly itchy and then I get a lot of ingrown hairs everywhere! I haven't worn shorts or a skirt for about 12 years. And just like with acne, dermatologists have never been able to cure any of this...

I feel like I can't show any of my skin ANYWHERE on my body. Ugh!!! :redface:

For the KP, I've started putting coconut oil on my arms in the shower, and it's helped a lot.

I'm so glad you started this thread! Sometimes it's comforting just to be able to vent. :) On top of acne, I also have rosacea, KP on my upper arms, broken capillaries and tiny cherry angiomas on my chest that are harmless but ugly and keep me from wearing v-necks, and for some reason, when I shave my legs, it makes them incredibly itchy and then I get a lot of ingrown hairs everywhere! I haven't worn shorts or a skirt for about 12 years. And just like with acne, dermatologists have never been able to cure any of this...

I feel like I can't show any of my skin ANYWHERE on my body. Ugh!!! :redface:

For the KP, I've started putting coconut oil on my arms in the shower, and it's helped a lot.

I'm really sorry to here that, and I wish I could help. For the itchy-ness and ingrown hairs on yours legs have you tried putting Sarna lotion on after? It's very cooling and is an anti-itch lotion (My family has used it for Eczema for years). Good luck though healing your skin, I'm sure it will be flawless in time