Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hope09

Erythromycin 2% gel

I went to my doctor 2 days ago and he put me on this Erythromycin 2% gel. I tried searching it up on google and youtube for people who tried it... None. But some user here did make a thread about it but no one reply to it. Sooo idk. I need some tips and facts about this Erythromycin. My doctor told me its better then BP and i'll see results very soon. I'm using it right now and I can feel the dryness of the gel... my face isn't burning and it isn't red but last night when I put the gel on before bed... I woke up and took a look in the mirror, I seen the gel trying to remove itself like a snake trying to remove it's skin. Like I can peel it off. I'm I doing it right? or am I putting to much? idk... help please.

I'm using the 4% gel atm, not really effective on pustules (big inflamed pimples) i would say from personal experience.. but works moderately on whiteheads. The gel contains alcohol that has drying effect, which is why you are experiencing skin peeling. Just give it a dab on your spots instead of swiping the gel all over.

I'm using the 4% gel atm, not really effective on pustules (big inflamed pimples) i would say from personal experience.. but works moderately on whiteheads. The gel contains alcohol that has drying effect, which is why you are experiencing skin peeling. Just give it a dab on your spots instead of swiping the gel all over.

Thanks man! But Yea, I should just put a dab only on my whiteheads so when it does have that drying effect. It's not going to look like I have dry skin. Because I work everyday as a cashier and people are going to look at me lol. So I don't want them to look at the drying gel after a few hours because it does look like skin is about to peel but it's actually the gel.

But I just woke up and took a look at the mirror and I seen very very few drying gel on my face and I notice my face is getting much much better. It's evening out and my red marks from perious times are being vanished.

Thanks man! But Yea, I should just put a dab only on my whiteheads so when it does have that drying effect. It's not going to look like I have dry skin. Because I work everyday as a cashier and people are going to look at me lol. So I don't want them to look at the drying gel after a few hours because it does look like skin is about to peel but it's actually the gel.

But I just woke up and took a look at the mirror and I seen very very few drying gel on my face and I notice my face is getting much much better. It's evening out and my red marks from perious times are being vanished.

Glad it works for you :)! Seems you have pretty mild acne so don't worry too much aight

Glad it works for you :)! Seems you have pretty mild acne so don't worry too much aight

Thank you. I believe everyone should try this gel. Its erythromycin gel benzoyl peroxide 2%. But how long do you think it will take to see major results? It says give it 2-8 Weeks. 90% Acne will be cleared.

e-mycin gel burns the hell out of my face and sometimes makes pimples inflammed and worse. however, I combine it with Dan's BP to make something similar to benzamycin, and it works fairly well for spot treatment. For all-over treatment, cleocin (dalacin) gel is more tolerable

e-mycin gel burns the hell out of my face and sometimes makes pimples inflammed and worse. however, I combine it with Dan's BP to make something similar to benzamycin, and it works fairly well for spot treatment. For all-over treatment, cleocin (dalacin) gel is more tolerable

Doesn't burn for me. Just a little when I shave but burns for like 2 seconds. I haven't had a breakout since I used this gel. (Knocks On Wood & Thanks GOD) Seriously I love this freaking gel. It's AWESOME! Now I can live my dream once my face is ALL clear up which should take 1-2 more weeks.