Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dcfutbol2

SUGAR = ACNE?

Ive had really oily skin since i was 13. None of my friends have bad skin it sucks. But ive gotten my skin alot nicer lately by.....

-washing once a day (dont scrub)

-taking vitamins ( 250 mg b5 vit C and vit A and mulitvitamin

-drink tons of water and eat fruits veggies

my skin has gotten alot better but still some breakouts SOOO i think i figured it out and it is that SUGAR equals acne. I swear sugar and white bread makes my skin oily and nasty.

I would other people to try this diet with me and share there results thanks

Remember NO sugar or white bread! gooood luck boys and girls

People will argue.

But for me personally, I believe my acne is related to sugar, but since I stopped eating sugar, I binged out once on chocolate and crisps thanks to the munchies and now I have 3 massive cysts that have combined into 2 cysts on my chin. They are literally so so so so big it is just gross and irritating.

So cut out sugar. And have no more. Tomorrow I am buying some niacin, going from 50mg, 100mg, 250mg, 500mg and 500mg thereafter per day. Sposed 2 help heaps

-eat fruits veggies

Remember NO sugar

These statements are contradictory. Fruits are crammed with sugar. In fact, we named a whole sugar after them -- it's called "fructose". :D

In fact, some fruits, like apples and pears have a higher fructose/glucose ratio than Coke. So if you eat apples and pears, you're on more of a "high fructose" diet than someone who just has a can of Coke instead of that big, red apple. :D

I agree that sugar is a culprit for many acne sufferers. Sugar suppresses the immune system and also sugar competes with Vitamin C because they have similar chemical structures. Google Linus Pauling.

Thanks for you input guys. And yes fruit has sugar but not the "bad" sugars like in cola

All I know is fruit helps my acne but twinkies and soda is horrible for it and its not in my head ive used my self as an experiment many times

sugar definatly affects me and cutting it out helps heaps, but mostly just my back and chest. harmones kill my face :(

acniboy : how did the niacin go for you. i just started taking it last night but im contemplating switching to the no flush kind.

-eat fruits veggies

Remember NO sugar

These statements are contradictory. Fruits are crammed with sugar. In fact, we named a whole sugar after them -- it's called "fructose". :D

In fact, some fruits, like apples and pears have a higher fructose/glucose ratio than Coke. So if you eat apples and pears, you're on more of a "high fructose" diet than someone who just has a can of Coke instead of that big, red apple. :D

It is different type of sugar. Natural sugar and refined sugar are very different. Natural sugars contain more fibers and nutrients. Also drinking coke is not just bad for you because of the sugar content, but it also has caffeine and a variety of other things that are not good for your body.

-eat fruits veggies

Remember NO sugar

Where are you getting this info that you post over and over in defence of coke which has no redeeming value? Versus an apple which has a great deal of nutritional value along with fiber that reduces the glycemic impact.

First of all, the ratio in HFCS varies. Second, per nutritiondata.com a large apple of 3 1/4" in diameter = 216 grams and has 22grams of sugars with 1302mg of fructose. A child's size coke from Burger King = 282 grams and has 30 grams of sugar. So sure, that seems equal. But Nutritiondata doesn't know the fructose data from Coke. How is it that you do? It's not in the nutrition data sheets on Coke's website. Also, what size coke are you drinking? I'm guessing not a child's size.

The main thing is not the sugar, but the glycemic load that refined sugar and grains have.

If you are more interested on this, read about the paleolithic diet (also called caveman diet). Only veggies, fruits, nuts, and a ton of meat and fats are allowed.

The main thing is not the sugar, but the glycemic load that refined sugar and grains have.

If you are more interested on this, read about the paleolithic diet (also called caveman diet). Only veggies, fruits, nuts, and a ton of meat and fats are allowed.

Not entirely. Fructose is processed by the liver and doesn't have an immediate glycemic effect. Excessive amounts can overload the liver and can also cause insulin resistance. I don't recall how, but I know they use fructose to induce insulin resistance in lab rats.

And there are any number of diets you can follow if you need something like that to follow in order to eat well. The zone diet is a good one. Correcting hormones is one of it's purposes.