Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm interested in trying this stuff because of this article: http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles...ainability.aspx

"...krill oil is clearly your best option when it comes to obtaining important high quality animal based omega-3 fats. It contains essential EPA and DHA in a double chain phospholipid structure that makes it far more absorbable than the omega-3s in fish oil.

Krill oil also contains vitamin E, vitamin A, vitamin D and canthaxanthin, which is a potent anti-oxidant. Research has shown the anti-oxidant potency of krill oil is, in terms of ORAC (Oxygen Radical Absorptance Capacity) values, 48 times more potent than fish oil."

Anyone have any experiment with this supplement? It sounds promising if what the article says is true.

The antioxidants in krill oil are impressive, but ultimately, if you want to supplement omega-3s, you should just go with fish oil.

A capsule of Mercola krill oil has less than 1/5 of the omega-3s as a standard capsule of fish oil, and yet the average krill oil capsule is more than 3x as expensive as a premium-brand capsule of fish oil.

The reason krill oil has less omega 3's is because you supposedly need less with krill oil (compared to fish oil) to get the same effect.

I have yet to see any studies confirming the great claims of krill oil. If anyone has any studies I would truly be interested to see them. Until I see studies, I will keep taking my fish oil.

The reason krill oil has less omega 3's is because you supposedly need less with krill oil (compared to fish oil) to get the same effect.

Phospholipids (krill oil) are better absorbed than triglycerides (fish oil), but they're not so much better absorbed that it would mean that you would only need 1/5 the amount. After you account for the higher absorption rate of phospholipids, I'd say that you still end up absorbing twice as much omega-3 from a fish oil capsule as a krill oil capsule, if not more.

Fatty acids are usually ingested as triglycerides anyway.