Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
clearskinn

spot treat only?

Hi everybody!

I have a question about the 'acne.org' regimen.. I currently have just one cyst developing and a white head. Can I just spot treat with benzoyl peroxide of should i be rubbing this stuff all over. I have no acne any where else just the one isolated spot.. Also is it okay to pop the cyst if i'm very gentle with it, or should i suffer through work and my social life with this volcano for the next week? Would icing help the cyst??

Many thanks,

Love you all and good luck... Acne f'n blows

The Acne.org regimen calls for all-over treatment. That way, the BP can treat the acne that's already formed, but it can also help prevent new acne from forming.

As for your cyst, do not attempt to pop it. Check out this thread for ways to help minimize cysts.

If it gets to the point where something has to be done, most derms are willing to let you make an "emergency" appointment for a cortisone shot to reduce the swelling.

Speaking of spot treatment: would it be ok if you did the regimen, however just before you go to bed you just dab a little a extra bp on prominent spots?

Speaking of spot treatment: would it be ok if you did the regimen, however just before you go to bed you just dab a little a extra bp on prominent spots?

That's fine. I do that all the time. It's just important to know that The Regimen isn't about only spot-treating. : )