Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
stargazer7

Breaking out like crazy!

I'm on day 2 of week three and am really breaking out. All of my life, I've for the most part had it on my forehead and chin. My forehaed is in terrible shape with 7+ red whiteheads and dozens of white bumps. It has been like this before the regimen but not as bad (but almost). My question: is this to be expected? Am I right in thinking that I have so much bacteria in my forehead that it has to emerge as the white bumps? Then turn into whiteheads? And since starting I have also noticed a dozen of the colorless bumps on my chin area too. Those I never had before. I hope if I just continue it will clear up. Can anyone make some sense of this? I would appreciate anything.

My products:

purpose gentle cleansing wash

neutrogena on the spot

olay complete sensitive skin

It's normal to experience breakouts during the first couple months of The Regimen. Acne can take weeks, even months, to form, and you may very well just be purging. The gunk that was forming under your skin is getting pulled to the surface.

A lot of people purge early on in The Regimen. Just stick with it and keep your chin up. ; )