Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sayummmi238

What is the highest dosage you can take of accutane(claravis, isotrenin) in the US?

just wondering becuase i got upped to 40 mg and i am wondering if i can go higher since on Dan's accutane page i only see pills up to 40mg and i've seen it also on the roche accutane site up to 40mg in a lil picture. just wonderingggg

You can take more than that IF your doctor prescribes it. Some people take up to 120 mg/day. So - let's say you're on 60 mg/day, you take one 40 mg capsule and one 20 mg capsule. And so forth.

BeatriceSANK took the words outa my mouth... I started with 40mg per day & as of tomorrow (start of month two) I'll be taking 60mg a day. (:

i was on 80, but i know people that took 120. I think you can get up to 160, but im not sure...

I started at 40 mg a day in my first month, & for the past 3 months (currently on 7th & last month) i've been on 160 mg a day. i'm 5'5" 130 lb female, btw. so yeah, 40 mg is not really that much, at least in the situation i've been in.