Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bennyb

Sleep Please Help

Hello, I can't sleep. I've had insomnia for years and now i have resorted to taking tylenol's simply sleep. I have only taken it twice and i go to sleep within the hour. It's amazing. I know that sleep is can be a big part of clearing acne, but I am wondering if this stuff will break you out. If I don't take it i will fall asleep around 330 or 4 every night. I've been falling asleep at that time for years. I exercise , eat healthy, and try to go to sleep around 11 every night, but I just end up lying in the dark and can't turn my brain off. Simply Sleep is helping me fall asleep at 11, 1130 every night, but I am wondering if it's going to hurt my acne taking this stuff. What are your guys's thoughts. Thanks.

I heard yoga and meditation is good for sleep.

I always just do the whole counting sheep thing to get to sleep.

Haha.

I'm not sure if taking that stuff could harm your acne or not, sorry. D:

I have trouble falling asleep, too.

This is what helps me:

-exercise

-work!

-reading a boring book

And these really do the job; these types of youtube videos really relax me and put me to sleep. It might seem weird to some people.

-Any classical music (mainly violin based)

-Anything with Lita's voice in a massage video

-Any massage video

-massage video

-

Thanks, I've tried all that stuff and it doesn't work. I really just want to know if these pills are going to hurt my acne. Please let me know. Thank you.

try not sleeping a whole 24 hours and you will be set to fall asleep at whatever time wanted the following day.

Definitely get lots of exercise or activity during the day.

One thing that has always helped me is lukewarm tap water. You only need a cup... just go to the sink, drink a cup, and wait. It makes me feel calm and tired... :think:

:shrug:

I have struggled with insomnia for a very long time. I work out for like 2 hours everyday and i have taken melatonin and drink decafeinated tea before bed, but nothing works but these pills. If I go to the doctor, I know that they will just prescribe me some addictive sleeping pill. These pills are at least not addictive and they are the only things that work. I go to sleep at 11 and wake up around 7 or 8 and feel great when i take them. I just wana know if you guys think that they will break me out. Thank you for your help though.

I didn't mean ask your doctor about prescribing a new pill, but asking if taking the pill you like taking would break you out.

Maybe you could google it, if you haven't already?

Just a thought - you said you've been falling asleep at 3:30 every night for years now? You might have Delayed Sleep Phase Syndrome. It's basically where your body clock is set ahead and you just can't sleep any earlier. I dunno - you might want to google it or talk to your doctor.

Sleep is a HUGE part of getting clear.

I also suffered from insomnia for many years but finally overcame it through meditation and yoga.

I do 30 min of yoga and 30 min of yoga every day (sometimes twice a day), its become a habit with me so if I don't do it either I feel strange. Even if you do 5 min of each that will help your chances of getting to sleep.

Also, try downloading some MP3s of the ocean, or waterfalls or something that is calming and relaxing.

Lastly, make sure you dont do anything that requires thinking (like work) too close to your bed-time. If you do, you MUST do yoga and / or meditation or something that will clear your mind otherwise you will end up going to bed and the thoughts will repeat in your head and keep you up.

Good things for Sleep:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Good-Acne...n-t230714.html#

-Darkness at night

-A regular sleep schedule

-Plenty of light, preferably sunlight, during the day

-Dim lighting in evening

-Slow down and relax in evenings

-Don't turn on lights if you get up during the night. Get night lights for bathroom if needed.

-Exercise during the day to very early evening. Not withing a few hours of bedtime.

-Wear socks to bed when you are at all cold. Something about overall body temp and circulation....

-Shower or bath before bed. Also about body temp, but also just plain makes you feel better. I can't sleep without bathing.

Melatonin -

-Supplement or

-Habits to improve melatonin production:

--Everything said about light and exercise above

--Omega 3 EFAs

-Boosting seratonin production in the daytime will improve melatonin production. Nutrient precursors to seratonin are methionine, folate, B12, B6, TMG and zinc, and maybe some calcium and magnesium. And of course, amino acid tryptophan. From here

-Also, bright light exposure. Bright light keeps seratonin from being turned into melatonin. Darkness triggers conversion of seratonin to melatonin in preparation for sleep.

SAMe - methionine and magnesium

5-http - increases seratonin production

Magnesium - relaxes muscles

ZMA supplement - zinc, magnesium, B6

Epsom Salt baths - full of magnesium and sulfur, absorbs through skin

Foods containing tryptophan or melatonin: banana, milk, oats, rice...

Foods containing seratonin (and the right ratio of other stuff) - plantain, banana...

10 foods to help you sleep and more info in the next posts.

Camomile - enhances your calm

Valerian Root - Ditto

Melatonin

this. i have a melatonin supplement that is 3mg per. i only need 1mg or less to sleep fast. there's 240 tablets, so it should last for close to a decade since i require such small amounts.

I've tried valerian in tea and melatonin and it helped a little, but i still couldn't sleep. I'm guna try to get into yoga and meditation. It sounds like it's great for stress and sleep. Thanks everyone.

How's your diet?

Higher carb meals can help promote relaxation and good mood (not saying to go binge on pasta). When I was high fat and/or high protein, my sleep took a massive hit. Now that I've added a good amount of carbs back in my diet, I'm much more relaxed, happy, my sleep is much more restful and occurs a LOT more readily.

I also remember reading in a psych class that eating a higher protein meal before a test is recommended as it helps keep you alert and stimulated. The chapter also recommended against a high carb meal before a test for the reason I mentioned above :P.